Lacy Satin Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a basic poncho from Bernat Yarns for all skill levels that implements lines of lacy knitting for a more elegant effect. It is perfect for all types of occasions, dress it up or dress it down!
- Bernat® Satin
- XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 (5-6) balls
- (Ombres: 80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 5 (7-8) balls
- Knitting needles: size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon 50 ins [127 cm] long for Drawstring (optional).
- XS/M 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- L/2XL 40-50 ins [101.5 -127 cm]
- 3/5XL 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 22 ins [56 cm]
- L/2XL 25 ins [63.5 cm]
- 3/5XL 30½ ins [77.5 cm]
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
INSTRUCTIONS (Make 2 pieces alike).
Cast on 62 (70-86) sts.
Knit 4 rows, noting that first row is WS.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
2nd row: K2. *K2. yfwd. K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. yfwd. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 27 (29-33) ins [68.5 (73.5-84) cm], ending with WS facing for next row.
Knit 4 rows. Cast off.
Sew cast off edge of one piece to the side of other piece as shown in Diagram.
Ribbon Drawstring (optional): Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge. Tie into a bow at center.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Bush Baby T-Shirt Craft
- Watermelon Tie Dye Design
- Dipped Shorts Tie Dye Technique
- Quirky Tie Dye Bracelet
- Frog Coin Purse
- Precious Panda Knit Hat
- Men's Woodsy Knit Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Funky One Day Blanket
- Sweet-ish Knit Hat Pattern
- How to Dye a Shirt with RIT Dye