Lacy Satin Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a basic poncho from Bernat Yarns for all skill levels that implements lines of lacy knitting for a more elegant effect. It is perfect for all types of occasions, dress it up or dress it down!
- Bernat® Satin
- XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 (5-6) balls
- (Ombres: 80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 5 (7-8) balls
- Knitting needles: size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon 50 ins [127 cm] long for Drawstring (optional).
- XS/M 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- L/2XL 40-50 ins [101.5 -127 cm]
- 3/5XL 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 22 ins [56 cm]
- L/2XL 25 ins [63.5 cm]
- 3/5XL 30½ ins [77.5 cm]
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
INSTRUCTIONS (Make 2 pieces alike).
Cast on 62 (70-86) sts.
Knit 4 rows, noting that first row is WS.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
2nd row: K2. *K2. yfwd. K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. yfwd. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 27 (29-33) ins [68.5 (73.5-84) cm], ending with WS facing for next row.
Knit 4 rows. Cast off.
Sew cast off edge of one piece to the side of other piece as shown in Diagram.
Ribbon Drawstring (optional): Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge. Tie into a bow at center.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More