Lacy Satin Poncho
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a basic poncho from Bernat Yarns for all skill levels that implements lines of lacy knitting for a more elegant effect. It is perfect for all types of occasions, dress it up or dress it down!
- Bernat® Satin
- XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- (Solids: 100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 4 (5-6) balls
- (Ombres: 80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 5 (7-8) balls
- Knitting needles: size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- ½ inch [1.5 cm] wide ribbon 50 ins [127 cm] long for Drawstring (optional).
- XS/M 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
- L/2XL 40-50 ins [101.5 -127 cm]
- 3/5XL 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
Finished length between neck edge and point
- XS/M 22 ins [56 cm]
- L/2XL 25 ins [63.5 cm]
- 3/5XL 30½ ins [77.5 cm]
18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
INSTRUCTIONS (Make 2 pieces alike).
Cast on 62 (70-86) sts.
Knit 4 rows, noting that first row is WS.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (WS). K3. Purl to last 3 sts. K3.
2nd row: K2. *K2. yfwd. K2tog. K2. Sl1. K1. psso. yfwd. Rep from * to last 4 sts. K4.
Rep last 2 rows until work from beg measures 27 (29-33) ins [68.5 (73.5-84) cm], ending with WS facing for next row.
Knit 4 rows. Cast off.
Sew cast off edge of one piece to the side of other piece as shown in Diagram.
Ribbon Drawstring (optional): Starting at center front, thread ribbon along neck edge. Tie into a bow at center.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ahoy America DIY Wreath
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System
- How to Sew Knits Without a Serger
- How to Make a Coffee Cozy
- Faux Sea Glass Bottle
- Super Easy Succulent Garden
- Toilet Paper Roll Boxes
- Gorgeous Paper Globes