Eyelet Knit Top
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit a feminine top with lacy eyelet rib and cap sleeves with this free knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns. Knit in only two pieces, this lightweight top is perfect as the days warm up. The soft yarn is a mixture of natural cotton and corn.
Find this pattern and more lacy knit tops in the Easy Lace Knitting Patterns eBook.
- Yarn: Bernat® Cot’n Corn (60 g / 2.1 oz) 5 (5-6-6-7-8) balls of #19244 (Avocado)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4 mm (U.S. 6) and 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
Sizes: Finished bust: XS/S (M-L-XL- 2/3XL-4/5XL) 36 (40-44-48-55- 63) ins [91.5 (101.5-112-122- 139.5-160) cm].
BACK and FRONT (make alike)
With smaller needles, cast on 91 (101-111-121-137-157) sts.
1st row: (RS). K1. *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row. Rep last row of Seed St Pat 7 times more.
Change to larger needles.
1st row: (RS). P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *K3. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
2nd and alt rows: K2 (1-6-5-1-5). *P3. K3. Rep from *, ending last rep with K2 (1-6-5-1-5).
3rd row: P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *yrn. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yrn. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
5th row: P2 (1-6-5-1-5). *K1. yfwd. Sl1. K1. psso. P3. Rep from *, ending last rep with P2 (1-6-5-1-5).
6th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 6 rows for pat until work from beg measures approx 18 (18 1/2- 19-19-20-21)" [45.5 (47-48-48- 51-53.5) cm], ending with 6th row of pat.
Place pat for neck shaping: 1st row: (RS). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41- 51) sts. K55. Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
2nd row: Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts. (K1. P1) 27 times. K1. Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
Seed St Pat is now in position. Cont in pat, working Seed St Pat across center 55 sts for 6 more rows.
Shape neck: Next row: (RS). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts. Seed St Pat next 7 sts. Cast off center 41 sts. Seed St Pat next 7 sts (including st after cast off). Pat 18 (23-28-33-41-51) sts.
Cont in pat on last 25 (30-35-40-48-58) sts, working Seed St Pat across 7 sts at neck edge until neck measures 4 1/2" [11.5 cm], ending with a RS row.
Shape shoulder: Cast off 8 (10-12-13-16-19) sts beg next and following alt row. Work 1 row even. Cast off rem 9 (10-11-14-16-20) sts. With WS facing, join yarn to rem sts and work to correspond to other side, reversing all shapings.
Sew shoulder seams. Place markers on side edges 8 (8 1/2-9-9-10-11)" [20.5 (21.5-23-23-25.5-28) cm] down from shoulder seams.
Armbands: With RS of work facing and smaller needles, pick up and K67 (71-75-75-79-83) sts evenly between markers. Work 7 rows in Seed St Pat as given for Back and Front. Cast off in pat. Sew side and armband seams.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft