Button Shrug Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use this shrug knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns to create the perfect coverup for any sleevless outfit. Knit in lightweight bamboo yarn, the soft shrug is perfect for summer. The shrug adapts from XS to 5X sizes and knits up quickly on large needles.
- Yarn: Bernat Bamboo (60 g/2.1 oz) 92008 (Linen), Sizes S–4 balls; L–6 balls
- Knitting Needles: Size 8 mm (U.S. 11) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- One button.
Gauge: 12 sts and 16 rows = 4 ins 10 cm in stocking st.
To fit bust measurement
Small 32-42 ins 81.5-106.5 cm
Large 42-62 ins 106.5 - 157.5 cm
Sl3Pwyib = Slip the next 3 sts purlwise with yarn in back.
Sl3Pwyif = Slip the next 3 sts purlwise with yarn in front.
The instructions are written for smaller size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ). When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes. For ease in working, circle all numbers pertaining to your size.
Note: Shrug is worked sideways in one piece.
Cast on 27 (33) sts.
1st row: (WS). Purl. Place a marker on 9th (12th) st.
2nd row: Sl3Pwyib (pull yarn tight to cause edge to roll). Knit to end of row.
3rd row: Sl3Pwyif (pull yarn tight to cause edge to roll). Purl to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows for 22 (25) ins 56 (63.5) cm for Front, ending with a purl row. Place a 2nd marker at beg of last row.
Next row: Sl3Pwyib. Knit to end of row.
Next row: Purl.
Rep last 2 rows for 3 (4) ins 7.5 (10) cm. Place a 3rd marker at beg of last row for shoulder.
Rep last 2 rows for 9 (12) ins 23 (30.5) cm. Place a 4th marker at beg of last row for Back.
Rep last 2 rows for 3 (4) ins 7.5 (10) cm. Place a 5th marker at beg of last row for shoulder.
Work from ** to ** as given above. Cast off purlwise (WS). Place a 6th marker on 18th (21st) st.
Match 1st marker with 3rd marker. Match corner with 2nd marker. Sew between 2nd and 3rd markers for Right shoulder (See Diagram). Match 6th marker with 4th marker. Match corner with 5th marker. Sew between 4th and 5th markers for Left shoulder (See Diagram).
Neckband: With RS of work facing, pick up and knit 18 (21) sts evenly along cast off edge to shoulder seam for Right Front neck edge. Pick up and knit 27 (36) sts evenly between 3rd and 4th markers for back neck edge. Pick up and knit 18 (21) sts evenly along cast on edge for Left Front neck edge. 63 (78) sts.
Beg with a purl row, work 3 rows even in stocking st.
Next row: (buttonhole row). K3. Cast off 2 sts. Knit to end of row.
Next row: Purl, casting on 2 sts over cast off sts.
Work 3 rows even in stocking st. Cast off purlwise (WS).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Needle Felting from Basics to Bears Review
- Make Easy Picture Frames from Old School Papers
- Along Came A Spider Yarn Wreath
- Easy Puffy Colorful Purse
- Faux Marble Tray-an Easy DIY to Make
- DIY Notebooks for Back to School
- Off The Shoulder T-Shirt Dress
- Burlap Wall Art with Wood Cutout
- Crochet Heart Stitch Cardigan
- DIY Lovely Home Decor