Stretchy Baby Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A stretchy yarn and easy rolled brim means that this baby hat fits comfortably but does not slide around. Use this free baby hat knitting pattern to keep baby warm and cozy, no matter what the season. You can make this hat in any assortment of colors...so it's easy to customize for a little girl or boy. This Stretchy Baby Hat works up quickly and makes for a wonderful weekend project. You may even find that once you start, it's hard to stop making these adorable knit baby hats!
- 1 ball Bernat® Baby Stretch (80 g / 2.8 oz) yarn in Strawberry Spring (MC)
- 1 ball Bernat® Baby Stretch (80 g / 2.8 oz) yarn in Elastic Lace (A)
- 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
To fit head: 6 (12-18-24) mos. The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Hat is worked from top down.
- With MC, cast on 9 sts.
- 1st row: (RS). (K1. yfwd) 8 times. K1. 17 sts.
- 2nd and alt rows: Purl.
- 3rd row: K1. (yfwd. K2) 8 times. 25 sts.
- 5th row: K1. (yfwd. K3) 8 times. 33 sts.
- 7th row: K1. (yfwd. K4) 8 times. 41 sts.
- 9th row: K1. (yfwd. K5) 8 times. 49 sts.
- 10th row: Purl.
- Cont in same manner, inc 8 sts on next and every following alt row to 73 (81-81-89) sts. Place marker at end of last row.
- Cont even in stocking st until work from marked row measures 3 (3½-3¾-4) ins [7.5 (9-9.5-10) cm], ending with a purl row.
- Change to A and cont in stocking st for 2 ins [5 cm] more, ending with a purl row. Cast off.
- Sew back seam, reversing seam for roll up.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts