Baby Jester Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Two sweet pom-poms top off this fun knit hat for baby. This free baby knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns can be adjusted from 6 months to 24 months. You only need one ball of yarn for this hat, making it a wonderful gift or quick project.
- Yarn: 1 ball for each size Bernat® Baby Jacquards (100 g / 3.5 oz) #06131 (I’m a Big Boy)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 3.75 (U.S. 5) and 4 mm (U.S. 6) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 23 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
To fit child sizes 6 (12-18-24) mos.
With smaller needles, cast on 86 (90-98-102) sts.
Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting 1st row is WS and inc 3 sts evenly across last row. 89 (93-101-105) sts.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st until work from beg measures 3 1/2 (4-4 1/4-4 1/2) ins [9 (10-11-11.5) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). K1. *M1. K21 (22-24-25). M1. K1 (place marker on last st). Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *M1. Knit to marked st. M1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 6 times more. 153 (157-165-169) sts.
Next row: Purl.
Cast off. Sew back seam. Sew top as shown on diagram.
Pom-pom (make 4).
Wind yarn around 3 fingers approx 60 times. Remove from fingers and tie tightly in center. Cut through each side of loops. Trim to a smooth round shape. Attach to each pointy end of Hat.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl