Baby Jester Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Two sweet pom-poms top off this fun knit hat for baby. This free baby knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns can be adjusted from 6 months to 24 months. You only need one ball of yarn for this hat, making it a wonderful gift or quick project.
- Yarn: 1 ball for each size Bernat® Baby Jacquards (100 g / 3.5 oz) #06131 (I’m a Big Boy)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 3.75 (U.S. 5) and 4 mm (U.S. 6) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 23 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with larger needles in stocking st.
To fit child sizes 6 (12-18-24) mos.
With smaller needles, cast on 86 (90-98-102) sts.
Knit 5 rows (garter st), noting 1st row is WS and inc 3 sts evenly across last row. 89 (93-101-105) sts.
Change to larger needles and proceed in stocking st until work from beg measures 3 1/2 (4-4 1/4-4 1/2) ins [9 (10-11-11.5) cm], ending with a purl row.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). K1. *M1. K21 (22-24-25). M1. K1 (place marker on last st). Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *M1. Knit to marked st. M1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows 6 times more. 153 (157-165-169) sts.
Next row: Purl.
Cast off. Sew back seam. Sew top as shown on diagram.
Pom-pom (make 4).
Wind yarn around 3 fingers approx 60 times. Remove from fingers and tie tightly in center. Cut through each side of loops. Trim to a smooth round shape. Attach to each pointy end of Hat.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Graceful Blanket Stitch
- DIY Knobs Using Polymer Clay
- Adorable Woodland Hedgehog
- Gold Himelli Plant Holder
- How to Make a Yarn Flower with a Flower Loom
- Yarn Flower Keychain
- Make an Applique Bib
- EOS Lip Balm Flower Gift
- DIY Paper Flowers Kid Craft
- Festival Flower Crown Crochet Headphones