Sophie Lace Baby Shawl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Free knitting patterns for babies have never been this classy. Enjoy this glamorous design from Vickie Howell for the Sophie Lace Baby Shawl. With a clean stockinette stitch edge, you're special little girl will be ready for that family photo shoot in no time at all! This is a great pattern for those that are eager to try the delicate art of lace knitting.
Shoulder Opening: 19 (20)”/48.5 (51)cm
Length (with ruffle uncurled): 7 (8)”/18 (20.5)cm
- Caron International 'Simply Soft' (100% acrylic; 6oz/170g, 315yd/288m skein), Color Soft Blue, 6oz/170g
- One circular size U.S. 10 (6mm), 24”/61cm long needle or size to obtain gauge
- Stitch Marker Yarn needle
In Stockinette Stitch with double strand of yarn, using size U.S. 10 (6mm) needle, 14 sts and 17 rnds= 4”/10cm
Stockinette stitch (St st)
pf&b: purl in front and back (= increase)
yo2: yarn over twice
Beg at neck opening and using double strand of yarn, CO 64 (68) sts. Join rnd, taking care not to twist; place marker.
Rnd 1: Knit.
Rnd 2: Purl.
Rnds 3-6: Repeat Rnds 1-2 twice.
Rnd 7: *K1, yo2; repeat from * to end.
Rnd 8: Knit all k sts, dropping all yo's.
Rnd 9: Purl.
Rnd 10: Knit.
Rnd 11: P16 (17), pf&b, p31 (33), pf&b, p to end—66 (70) sts.
Rnds 12-13: Repeat Rnds 7-8
Rnd 14: Purl.
Rnd 15: Knit.
Rnd 16: P17 (18), M1, p32 (34), M1, p to end—68 (72) sts..
Rnds 17-18: Repeat Rnds 7-8.
Rnd 19: Purl.
Rnd 20: Knit.
Rnd 21: Purl.
Rnd 22: *K1, M1; repeat from * to end—136 (144) sts.
Rnds 23-30 (33): Knit.
Weave in ends.
Optional Embellishment: Using a needle and thread, gather a piece of tulle and sew onto poncho. Hot glue or sew cameo brooch to tulle, taking care to secure it firmly.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Luminous Mason Jar Crafts
- Paint Chip Mannequin Art
- Chicken Hat Crochet Pattern
- Minion Letter Opener
- Giraffe Hat Crochet Pattern
- Welcome Aboard Beach Craft
- Paint Deck Mannequin
- 11 Refreshing Watermelon Crafts
- Juicy Watermelon Outdoor Coaster
- ubermatte Spray Paint