Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
By: JoEllen Haustein for Skacel Collection, Inc.
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Keep those little piggies warm with Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties. This precious free knitted sock pattern for babies will help you make thoughtful gifts for new babies and parents.
- Featured Yarn: 7O yds of sock yarn (Shown in Trekking XXL)
- addi Turbo® needles in size 3mm (approx US 2) or size needed to obtain gauge, tapestry needle.
Skill Level: Intermediate
One Size: Infant. Finished length 3.75".
Seed Stitch Pattern:
Row 1(WS): * K1, P1; rep from * across
Rows 2 & 4: Knit the knits, and purl the purls
Row 3: * P1, K1; rep from * across
Gauge: 7sts and 8 rows = 1" in seed stitch pattern
To save time, please check your gauge and read all instructions thoroughly before beginning.
CO 56 sts. Work in seed stitch pattern for 2". BO 12 sts at beg of next 2 rows (32 sts). Continue working in pattern until bootie measures 3.75". End with pattern row 2 or 4.
Row 1 (WS): * P2tog; rep from * across
Rows 2 & 4: Purl across
Dec Row 3: * K2tog; rep from * across
Cut yarn, leaving 8" tail. Fold bootie in half with WS together; cast on edge is back of bootie heel. With tapestry needle, thread
yarn though rem sts and secure. Continue sewing up front top of bootie to point where sts were bound off. Sew back seam.
Make I-cord (see directions below) and sew to back seam under cuff. Fold down cuff 1" and sew cuff to bootie. Tie I-cord and
weave in all ends.
Directions for I-cord:
CO 3 sts. * K3, replace onto left-hand needle, and rep from * until I-cord measures 9.5" from beg for tying a knot or 15” from beg for tying a bow. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
approx = approximately
beg = beginning
BO = bind off
CO = cast on
k = knit
k2tog = knit 2 stitches together as one
p = purl
P2tog = purl 2 stitches together as one
rem = remaining
rep = repeat
RS = right side
st(s) = stitch(es)
WS = wrong side
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Darling Knitted Baby Uggs
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Little Red Slippers
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties Pattern
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl
- DIY Tutorial Copper Cushion
- DIY Tutorial Tassel Lanyard
- Big Bang Adult Coloring Page
- Perfect Profile Adult Coloring Page