Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
For a gift that will truly impress at the next baby shower, give a cute matching set of knitted booties and pompom hat. With a knitting board, these are quick and easy using this free baby knitting pattern from Authentic Knitting Board.
Size 2-6 mos
Gauge 3sts=1” 3.5rows=1”
Knit in Rib Stitch for entire set
- Yarn- Katia Confeti acrylic and polyester blend or any other appropriate baby yarn 300 yds total for set
- 18” or 28” knitting board
- Knit hook for hooking
- Large eyed needle for sewing
- Crochet Hook for finishing.
- Satin ribbon ¼” wide-24” long
- Cast On 40 sts
- Be sure to use anchor yarn.
- Knit hat from top to brim.
- In Rib Stitch, knit 26 rows. Cut yarn.
- Bind Off with crochet hook.
- Start at end without the yarn tail. Pick up (3) loops (st 1, front and back and st 2 front). Pull one loop thru other two loops. Pick up next (2) loops, and pull one thru the other two loops. Continue across until you have only one loop on crochet hook. Pull tail end of yarn thru last loop.
- Sew side edges (short sides) together with matching yarn.
- Draw anchor yarn to gather top of hat.
- Leave enough tail of yarn to sew on the pompom.
- Pompom is made by wrapping yarn around 3 fingers aprox 35 times.
- Tie at center creating a bow of the wound yarn.
- Tie on securely with ends of anchor yarn.
- Trim pom-pom to desired length approximately ½”-1"
- Fold brim of hat to adjust for size.
BOOTIES (knit 2)
- Cast On (24) sts Use anchor yarn.
- Row 1-9-Knit in Rib pattern
- Row 10-Decrease (2) sts each end
- Row 1-Knit in Rib pattern
- Row 12 and 13-Decrease (1) st each end
- Row 14-16-Knit in Rib st
- Row 17-Increase (1) st each end
- Row 18-20-Knit in Rib st.
- Bind Off loosely with crochet hook.
- Bind Off at anchor yarn. Remove anchor yarn.
- Fold bootie over. With matching yarn, sew bootie bottom and front edge.
- PomPom: Roll yarn around (3) fingers aprox 35 times. Gather tightly in center to form 'bow' with matching yarn, leaving enough ends to tie pom-pom to bootie.
- Tie to top of bootie.
- Trim ends of the pom-pom to desired length. This is usually best at aprox 1/2"
- Lace 12” of satin ribbon at ankle point to secure bootie on little foot.
- Hint. If you want the booties to fit very tiny feet, lace yarn lengthwise thru bootie and draw up. Then as the feet grow, you can let out the drawstring to use bootie at full size.
- Rib Stitch-Place loop knot on top needle #1. Bring down to 3rd needle on bottom board. Take yarn back up to top board to 3rd. Continue weaving every other needle. When at end of your desired number of sts, turn board around.
- Continue to wrap the empty needles being sure to add wrap to all needles. Use this process to start all rows in rib stitch. When doing the Rib Stitch, you will wrap the last (2) needles consecutively.
- Remember, if you dec (1) st, you will need to adjust to needle (2) and (4) to start the rows, in order to maintain the rib pattern. After the next increase or decrease, return to original position to start of the needles (1) and (3).
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Darling Knitted Baby Uggs
- Super Easy Knit Baby Booties
- Simply Adorable Sock Yarn Baby Booties
- Crossover Knit Baby Booties Pattern
- 7 Cute Patterns: How to Knit Baby Booties
- Simply Adorable Baby Booties and Matching Hat with PomPom
- Moccasin Style Baby Booties Pattern
- Little Red Slippers
- Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- Flower On Top Baby Booties Knitting Pattern
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff