Striped Baby Blankie and Playful Puppy Pal
By: Jean Adel for Red Heart Yarns
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Who knew one free knitting pattern could produce two adorable projects. Make a Striped Baby Blankie and a Playful Puppy Pal from Red Heart Yarns for a baby shower - it's a fantastic gift that little ones will love.
- RED HEART Buttercup 1.76 oz (50 g),
- 72 yd (66 m) balls: Blankie: 2 balls 4276 Light Blue Multi A, 1 ball each 4270 White B and 4272 White Coral Multi C; Puppy Pal: 1 ball each 4276 Light Blue Multi A, and 4272 White Coral Multi B
- Knitting needles, 6mm [US 10]
- Polyester fiberfill for puppy stuffing
- Small amount of blue yarn for puppy face embroidery
- Yarn needle
- With A, cast on 45 sts.
- Work in Garter st (k every row) and repeat Stripe Sequence as follows: 4 rows with A, 4 rows with B, 4 rows with A, 4 rows with C. Repeat Stripe Sequence in Garter st until piece measures 18 from beginning. Bind off.
- Weave in yarn ends.
Legs (Make 4)
- With A, cast on 5 sts.
- Work 10 rows in Garter st (k every row). Bind off leaving a long tail.
Body Side (Make 2)
- With A, cast on 20 sts.
- Work in Garter st for 7. Bind off leaving a long tail.
Ears (Make 2)
- With B, cast on 3 sts.
- Row 1: Knit.
- Row 2: K1, m1, k to last 2 sts, m1, k1–5 sts.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 twice more–9 sts.
- Work 9 rows even in Garter st. Bind off.
- With A, cast on 10 sts.
- Work 3 rows in Garter st. Bind off.
- With wrong sids facing, sew body sides together along 3 sides. Turn piece inside out and stuff. Sew remaining side closed. Referring to photo, attach pieces as follows: Pin 1 leg to each front and back side edge of body, sew in place.
- Center ears on each front side edge of body, sew in place.
- Sew tail in place. Embroider eyes, mouth and nose on face. Weave in yarn ends.
- Blankie measures 18” x 18”.
- Puppy measures 7” x 7”.
- GAUGE: 10 sts = 4; 16 rows = 4 in Garter st.
- CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- M1 (make one stitch) = Lift running thread before next stitch onto left needle and knit into the back loop.
- Note: When working stripe sequence for Blankie pattern, carry yarns not in use up side of work.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid