Radiating Squares Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a soft blanket for baby that is colorful and modern with this free baby blanket knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns.
- Yarn: Bernat® Softee Baby
(140 g/5 oz) (361 m/395 yds)
Contrast A (#30424 Soft Red) 1 ball
Contrast B (#30201 Aqua) 1 ball
Contrast C (#30205 Prettiest Pink) 1 ball
Contrast D (#30128 Ocean) 1 ball
Contrast E (#30233 Fresh Green) 1 ball
Contrast F (#02000 White) 1 ball
- Knitting Needles: Set of four size 4 mm (U.S. 6) double-pointed knitting needles. Size 4 mm (U.S. 6) circular knitting needle 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
Gauge: 22 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Measurement: 34 ins [86.5 cm] square.
Stripe Pat: Work 6 rnds of each color: A, B, C, D, E and F. These 36 rnds form Stripe Pat.
Beg at center, with A and pair of doublepointed
needles, cast on 4 sts. Working in
Stripe Pat, proceed as follows:
1st rnd: (Inc 1 st in next st) 4 times. 8 sts. Divide sts onto 3 needles (2, 3, 3). Join in rnd placing a marker on first st.
2nd and alt rnds: Knit.
3rd rnd: *K1. yo. Rep from * around. 16 sts.
5th rnd: *K1 (place marker on last st). yo. K3. yo. Rep from * around. 24 sts.
7th rnd: *K1. yo. Knit to next marked st. yo. K1 (marked st). yo. Rep from * around, ending with yo.
8th rnd: Knit.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, inc 8 sts on next rnd and every following alt rnd, as before and changing to circular needle when necessary, until there are 177 sts between marked sts.
Next rnd: Purl.
Next rnd: *K1. yo. Knit to next marked st. yo. K1. yo. Rep from * around, ending with yo.
Keeping cont of Stripe Pat, rep last 2 rnds 9 times more. 197 sts between marked sts.
Cast off loosely purlwise.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 27 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Baby Blue Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid