Precious Lamb Baby Blanket
By: Mary Ayres from Craft n' things
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You and your baby are sure to love this Precious Lamb Baby Blanket from Crafts n' things. This whimsical hooded baby blanket is perfect for baby boys and girls and makes a wonderful new baby gift! This is an easy project for sewists of all skill levels.
- Fabrics: ivory polar fleece, 3/4 yd.; white satin blanket binding, 2-1/4 yds.
- White men’s tube sock
- Light blue satin ribbon, 1”-wide, 1/2 yd.
- Embroidery floss: light blue; black.
- White quilting thread
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Sewing & embroidery needles
- Transfer paper
For head, cut across sock 4” from toe. Stuff head fairly firmly with fiberfill stuffing. Turn raw edge under 1/4”; whipstitch opening closed.
Cut 5” length from sock above first cut. Cut length in half vertically to make two arms. With fold along one side of each piece, turn raw edge under on long side and one short side and pin. Whipstitch turned edges together. Stuff arms fairly firm through opening on remaining short side. Turn raw edges under at ends of arms; whipstitch closed. Whipstitch arms to sides of head in front, about 1” up from bottom (long stitched edges of arms should face back).
For face, print and cut out pattern. Cut 2-3/4” polar fleece circle; transfer face. Using two strands of black floss, stem stitch muzzle, and embroider eye lines with several straight stitches. Use three strands of floss to blanket stitch around face to attach to head.
For ears, cut two 2-1/4” polar fleece circles. Cut circles in half. Place ear pieces together in pairs; use three strands of light blue floss to blanket stitch around edges to join. Fold ears slightly off center; use thread to whipstitch to top sides of head. Longer side of ears should face back.
Cut a 22”x24” polar fleece rectangle. Cut 22” length from satin binding; place over bottom edge of fleece rectangle and pin. Cut two 25” lengths from satin binding. Use three strands of light blue floss to embroider name on one length if desired. Quick Tip: Use computer and interesting font to print name on paper, then transfer to binding. Pin binding to rectangle sides, turning raw edges under 1/2” at ends. Use three strands of light blue floss to blanket stitch binding pieces to fleece through all layers.
Sew basting stitch across top of polar fleece rectangle (not across satin binding at top). Pull basting stitches to gather so fleece will fit around bottom of lamb’s head. Whipstitch top of fleece around head under arms with blanket opening at center front (sew on underside of blanket).
- Tie ribbon bow; trim ends. Sew bow center to center top of blanket.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Baby Blue Blanket
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 31 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Native Stripes Knit Blanket Pattern
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wooden Necklace Organizer
- Framed Earring Organizer
- Teacher Appreciation Printable Art
- Happiest DIY Office Curtains
- Inspired Charms Crochet Bracelet
- Flowery Front Door Recycled Craft
- Two Hues Crochet Baby Blanket
- Panda Crochet Wrap Pattern
- My Wonderful Walls
- Girls Gathered Dress Free Sewing Pattern