10 Crochet Afghan Patterns + Bonus Knit Afghan Pattern
By: Julia Litz, editor for FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Winter can be cold and dreary, so why not cuddle up with some delightful afghan crochet patterns? You can make a baby blanket, throw or even a crochet quilt that will last for years to come. Free afghan crochet patterns are perfect for anyone that loves to crochet because they range in difficulty. Look for afghan patterns to crochet for a friend or family member - your pieces are sure to become family heirlooms and keepsakes.
Not a fan of crochet? There are plenty of knit afghan patterns to try as well. As an added bonus, we've included a knit afghan pattern that's sure to make a statement.
Crochet and knit afghan patterns made it to the top 100 crafts of 2012! Once you've checked out these fantastic afghan crochet patterns as well as the knit afghan pattern, be sure to check out the rest of the best by heading over to "100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor." Not only will you find these 12 knit and crochet afghan pattern, you'll also get some great handmade jewelry patterns, Christmas projects, storage and organization ideas, DIY home decor ideas, crafts using recycled items and so much more!
11 Crochet Afghan Patterns + Bonus Knit Afghan Pattern
What's great about free afghan crochet patterns is that there are so many kinds! You can make a throw, baby afghan or even a quilt for yourself or someone else. If you're looking for a fun handmade gift, you can't go wrong with afghan crochet patterns. Make a manly afghan for a guy or a pretty blanket for a baby.
- Baby Kisses Afghan
- Manly Man Throw
- Amish Inspired Throw
- The Coziest Crochet Baby Blanket
- Colorful Windchime Afghan
Free afghan crochet patterns tend to be thought of as long and complicated projects. However, this isn't always the case, especially when you're making a beginner afghan. Work up an afghan in just a day or use a single skein for a project - it's completely possible! If you happen to have a little extra time, take advantage and make an afghan that includes colors or more complicated stitches.
- Under 6 Hours Throw
- Lavender Shell Afghan
- Baby Shells and Ribbon Afghan
- One Ball Baby Blanket
- Idiot Afghan
Hey knitters, we haven't forgotten about you! We've included one of the most popular knit afghan patterns for you to try. This afghan is warm and cozy - so perfect for the cold winter months! The stripes and bright colors make this piece a true stand-out.
Remember, if you enjoyed these 11 Crochet Afghan Patterns + Bonus Knit Afghan Pattern, then you're going to love seeing our other top 100 projects featured in "100 Craft Ideas: Free Crochet Afghan Patterns, Craft Storage and Organization, Recycling Crafts, DIY Home Decor."
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 172 Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 40 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Knit Chevron Baby Blanket
- 25 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crocheted Doily DIY Necklace
- Easter Chick Crochet Pattern
- Embellished Stationery Set
- Cord DIY Ring
- Happy Together Die Cut Card
- Sea Stone DIY Necklace
- Sea Stone DIY Ring
- Cute Strawberry Dish Towel Holder
- Easter Egg Zipper Pouch with Key Holder Tutorial
- How to Stamp with Embossing Powder