By: Allee Marderosian for ilovetocreate
Wow your guests with crafty home decor pieces from I Love to Create. Add unique colors and patterns to your boring dinner plates. Use dish soap for an abstract design that will surely get compliments at your next dinner party.
- New Bisque Designs
- Simplicity Dinner Plate 11.18 x 10.79 x 1.25
- Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- CN 201 Light Grey
- CN 253 Dark Black
- CN 292 Bright Purple
- CN 302 Bright Caribbean
- Signature Brushes
- Duncan® Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze
- Potter’s sponge
- Container for water
- Drinking straw
- Liquid dishwashing soap
- (4) Clean plastic containers
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Fill each plastic container with a different Concepts® paint color.
- Add water to thin the color to a milk-like consistency.
- Add one drop of liquid dish soap to each container with paint. Mix together.
- Use drinking straw to blow air into the paint/soap mixture to create bubbles.
- Lower the outside of your bisque onto the bubbles. The bubbles will pop right on the ware, creating delicate bubble-shaped circles of color. Repeat as many times as you need to get the pattern coverage you want. Let dry.
- Repeat these steps for each color you want on your bisque. Let dry.
- Pour Pure Brilliance into a clean small plastic container. Use Fan Glaze brush to lightly brush on three coats Pure Brilliance. Let dry after each coat.
- Let dry and fire to witness cone 06.