Whether you like to knit, crochet, or both, we've got some free pot holder patterns for you. First try these free crochet pot holder patterns, and then grab your knitting needles to make some knit pot holders to protect your hands in the kitchen.
Be sure to scroll down to see a bonus surprise!
13 Free Crochet and Knit Pot Holder Patterns Table of Contents
Free Crochet Pot Holder Patterns
- Pansy Dishcloth and Pot Holder: Crochet a potholder with pansy embellishments for a lovely accent in any kitchen with this free crochet pot holder pattern and bonus dishcloth pattern!
- Simple Border Pot Holder and Dishcloth: Use this simple kitchen crochet pattern to create a pot holder and dishcloth set with contrasting borders. This is an attractive kitchen set for a house warming gift or your own home.
- Spring Kitchen Set: This easy and free crochet pot holder pattern is a great way to perk up your kitchen in the spring. Your crochet pot holder can also have an optional daffodil embellishment.
- Rose Dishcloth and Pot Holder: Crochet a lovely potholder embellished with a cross stitch rose design. This rose set brings a bright and feminine touch to any kitchen.
- NEW! Crochet Springtime Cloth: This colorful crochet dish cloth is great to use in spring and summer. It would also make a great gift for a new married couple or a housewarming party.
- NEW! Crunch Stitch Potholder: This beautiful pot holder is great for spring. Featuring a lovely border, this sweet pot holder is perfect for anyone's kitchen. Use colors to match your decor scheme.
Free Knit Pot Holder Patterns
- Easy Stripe Pot Holder: Create a functional and decorative accent for your kitchen in no time. This free pot holder pattern is a great way to use up scrap yarn from a bigger project.
- Teacup Pot Holder: Knit a pot holder with a colorful tea cup for a kitchen accent. This easy pot holder knitting pattern is a fun introduction to knitting with a color chart.
- Two Hour Pot Holders: Knit a quick and easy potholder with stash yarn for a crafty way to stay safe in the kitchen. Use this free pot holder pattern to get started.
- Rugged Camper Cooking Set: This mitt and panhandle cover are easy knitting patterns for beginners, and these practical knit items will really last. Make this thrifty set for Father's Day or for the other guys in your life.
- NEW! Kitchen Towel Hangers: These hangers can be used to move things in and out of the oven or to dry off your hands between washings. These hangers are easy to make and would look great in any kitchen!
Sewn Pot Holders
- I Heart Pot Holders: Show off your love of pie with these sweet pot holders. When combined with a fresh home baked apple pie, this makes a great gift for anyone!
- Easy Pot Holder Towel: Easy sewing projects like this are perfect for the kitchen. When you're not using this towel during baking, simply hang it up by the oven to use as a towel or for decoration.