This great kitchen canister set from Plaid is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters also make a great gift for a housewarming or a newly married couple.
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Blue Sky
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Tartan Red
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 2oz Multi-Surface High Gloss Acrylic Craft Paint - Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ 6oz Multi-Surface Chalkboard Paint Acrylic Craft Paint - Blue
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Specialty Sponges
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Foam Pouncers Set - 6pc
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Stencil Tape
- Canister set
- Containers of your choice
TIP Practice your technique or check your color by first making a sample print on paper or scrap fabric.
- Use a straight edge and pencil to draw a guide line, if applicable.
- Remove backing from stencil and set aside. Place stencil on surface.
- Pour a small amount of paint onto your palette. Load paint sparingly on a stencil brush or sponge and dab off excess. Lightly dab on a thin layer of paint; apply a second coat if necessary. Paint all areas of one color on the stencil before moving on to the next.
- While paint is still wet, carefully peel off stencil.
- Continue painting areas of the stencil according to your design. Let the paint dry completely before placing another stencil (or color) over it.
- Use stencil tape to tape off a 5in x 6in rectangle on the cookie jar.
- Use a specialty sponge to paint 2 to 3 layers of blue chalkboard paint. Before paint dries, carefully release stencil tape.
- Use Tartan Red and a foam pouncer and follow general adhesive stenciling instructions.
- Wash all stencils, brushes, and tools immediately after use before the paint dries. Use Martha Stewart Crafts Brush & Stencil Cleaner to remove dried paint.
- Repair torn stencils with transparent tape. Place tape on both sides of the tear and cut away the excess with a craft knife.