Friday Night Apron
Get busy on your Friday night with this fantastic tie-dye apron from I Love to Create that you can make yourself! You won't want to get out of the kitchen with this fashion statement to wear.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kits™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- Apron pattern, Simplicity 9565
- Cosmetic sponge
- Fabric, 100% natural for apron
- Paper towels
- Sewing machine and cotton thread
- Freezer paper
- Plastic bags, large
Note: If you prefer to buy a plain apron, choose one made with 100% natural fabric.
- Prewash fabric to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Make apron according to pattern instructions.
- Cover work surface with plastic bags.
- Wet apron. Place in washer on spin cycle to remove excess water.
- Lay damp apron flat on plastic bags.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to dye bottles. Replace cap tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Lay apron flat on plastic bags. Pinch a small amount of fabric where desired. Place rubber band around fabric. Repeat where desired.
- Apply Turquoise dye on a small section at top. Apply Fuchsia below Turquoise below bust area and on rubber banded areas. Apply Pink Lemonade to remaining apron.
- Cover apron with plastic bags. Let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry. Iron.
- Print Friday pattern. Place on work surface. Place freezer paper over lettering with shiny side down. Trace with pencil. Cut out. Place on apron shiny side down. Iron for a few seconds until adhered.
- Squeeze a puddle of Champagne Soft Paint on foil. Dab cosmetic sponge in paint. Dab in openings of stencil. If needed, apply a second coat for complete coverage. Remove stencil.
- Randomly place Crystals on apron. Follow package instructions to adhere.
- Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry.