Fun drawer pulls and spray paint dress up this basic wooden shelf that’s ideal for any child's room, from Krylon.
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Silver (#8261)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - White Primer (#2614)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Wood Shelf
- Star Drawer Pulls – 3
- Moon Drawer Pull – 1
- Drill & drill bits
- Tack cloth
- Scrap wood block (to protect work surface while drilling)
- Unfinished Wood: Sand smooth and wipe clean with a tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Painted Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Stained Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply a stain-blocking primer, such as Krylon H2O Primer, to prevent the wood stain from bleeding through your paint finish.
- Place primed shelf on newspaper to protect your work area.
- Use ruler and pencil to measure across lower front of shelf and evenly mark where 4 drawer pulls should be attached.
- Choose drill bit slightly smaller than size of screws provided with drawer pulls. Drill 4 holes in shelf (use scrap wood behind shelf to protect work surface). Remove dust with tack cloth.
- Spray entire shelf with several light coats of Artic White. Let dry completely.
- Using Silver Leafing Pen, paint shelf edges. Let dry completely.
- Spray drawer pulls with several light coats of Make It Stone!® Metallic Silver. Let dry completely.
- Carefully attach drawer pulls with screws and screwdriver to shelf.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Wish Upon a Star Crib
Wish Upon a Star Rocking Chair