A hand-me-down crib gets a second life with non-toxic H2O Latex™ Paint and colorful star accents from Krylon.
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - White Primer (#2614)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Blue Danube (#2619)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Shimmering Silver (#402)
- Wood Crib
- Wooden Star cutouts: 3 medium
- Low tack masking tape
- Wood glue
- Tack cloth
- Unfinished Wood: Sand smooth and wipe clean with a tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Painted Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Stained Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply a stain-blocking primer, such as Krylon H2O Primer, to prevent the wood stain from bleeding through your paint finish.
- Place primed crib on newspaper to protect your work area.
- Spray entire crib with several light coats of Artic White. Let dry completely.
- Mask off edges of crib (everything you want to remain white) with low tack tape, leaving railings exposed on sides, head and foot of crib. Spray railings and stars with several light coats of Blue Danube. Let dry completely.
- Spray stars with several light coats of Shimmering Silver to add sparkle to your project. Let dry completely.
- Determine placement of stars (refer to photo for example) and glue in place. Let glue dry completely.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.
Wish Upon a Star Shelf
Wish Upon a Star Rocking Chair