Looking for kids' room decorating ideas? This Rad Racecar Clock from I Love to Create can dress up your child's bedroom. Real toy cars give a 3D effect!
- Aleene's® Paper Glaze™
- Crafty Chica® Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™: Sci Fi Silver
- Aleene's® Platinum Bond 7800® All-Purpose Adhesive
- Wood clock base
- Blue painter’s tape
- Mini toy cars
- Wood pieces
- Paper towel
- Clock mechanism set
- Paint two coats White to the clock base. Let dry after each coat.
- Create a grid with the painter’s tape on the clock base.
- Use a paintbrush and paint clock base with Black, painting over the taped grid. Let dry. Remove tape.
- Fill in areas with paint as needed to create a checkerboard look.
- Paint the wood pieces with Red. Let dry. With Aleene’s® Paper Glaze™, draw numbers on each of the red wood pieces. Immediately pour on Silver glitter. Let dry. Dust off excess glitter onto paper towel.
- Use Aleene’s® Platinum Bond 7800® to glue toy cars to 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. Use painter’s tape to hold in place until dry.
- Use Platinum Bond 7800® to glue the red wood pieces to 1,2,4,5,7,8,10 and 11 o’clock positions. Hold in place with painter’s tape if necessary until dry.
- Add two coats of Aleene’s® Spray Acrylic Sealer™. Let dry.
- Attach clock mechanism and add hanger to the back.