This kids Christmas craft from Glue Dots will be cherished by grandparents and relatives alike. Let the kids make this special craft including a photo, unique ornament and a couple of free tickets for BIG hugs!
- Craft Glue Dots
- Mini Glue Dots
- 1" Glue Lines
- 5 x 7" photo mat
- 24 x 36" sheet of textured paper
- 1/2" wide flat trim
- 1" wide holiday ribbon
- Gingerbread buttons; Jesse James
- Small red, flat buttons
- Green embroidery floss
- Decorator chalks
- Holiday confetti
- Cotton balls
- Wire nippers or old nail clippers
- Solid green cardstock
- Use the backing cardboard from the photo mat to trace 5 rectangles next to each other across the bottom of your paper.
- Cut the paper into one long strip. (to make an accordion fold, fold the strip on the lines in opposite directions.)
- Place Glue Lines on three sides of the photo mat and attach one end of the folded strip to the photo mat. Fold back the last section and secure it with Glue Lines to create a stiff back for the book.
- Use Glue Lines to add trim to the mat frame. Cut the shanks (loops) off the back of the buttons and use Mini Glue Dots to adhere them to the top of the trim.
- Use the cotton ball to add red chalk to the pages.
- Cut green cardstock 1" larger than the item you want to put in the book. Place Glue Lines on three sides and add to the book to make a pocket.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to add confetti to one or two of the pockets.
- Tie a piece of embroidery floss to the red buttons and glue them to the pocket using Mini Glue Dots.
- Add the CD to one of the pages and mark where the slits for the ribbon should be. Use scissors to snip a hole for the ribbon. Cut a 12" piece of ribbon for the CD. Thread the ribbon through the holes and tie on the CD.
- Secure the ribbon to the back of the book with a Mini Glue Dots, so it doesn't slip out.