Kids can create a holiday candy cane holder with foam materials and Glue Dots.
The candy cane holder project from Glue Dots is perfect for a Hodge Podge Crafts event. If you are a Mom or Dad planning a party, or a school or local park district looking for ideas with some left over crafts, the candy cane holder craft project is perfect.
By Robin Tarnoff for Glue Dots.com
- 1" Glue Lines
- Mini Glue Dots
- Craft Glue Dots
- 1 photo cube (MCS Industries, 3x3")
- Craft foam in red, green, white, pink, light brown, black and flesh colors
- 1/8" hole punch; 1/4" hole punch
- Face and hat pattern (download and print)
Glue Dots products can be purchased here
- Take photo cube box apart and insert one half into the other leaving the top open. Secure the sides with Craft Glue Dots.
- Cut green craft foam 14-1/2" x 1" for the arms.
- Cut red craft foam 3-3/4" x 15" for the body.
- Cut 4 strips of white foam, 1/4" x 4" for the hat.
- Using this printable pattern, cut out the head, hat, fringe, gloves, cheeks, mouth, nose, bowtie and bowtie center from the various foam colors.
- Cut or punch 2, 1/8" circles from black foam for the eyes and 1/4" circles from the white and green foam for the buttons.
- To assemble, apply 1" Glue Lines around the photo cube at the top middle and bottom.
- Then cover all four sides of the photo cube by wrapping the large red craft foam around the photo cube. (where the ends meet will be the back of the elf.)
- Use 1" Glue Lines to attach the white foam strips to the hat. (Cut off excess white foam to fit the hat pattern.)
- To create the face, attach the eyes, cheeks, nose and smile using Mini Glue Dots.
- Create the hair by cutting strips of brown foam and attaching with Mini Glue Dots.
- Using 1" Glue Lines, attach the hat to the face and the face to the back of the photo cube so the face is facing to the front of the elf's body.
- Apply Glue Lines around the top edge of the outside of the box and secure the arms so they wrap around to the front. Attach the gloves to the arms using Craft Glue Dots. Now attach the buttons to the body front using Mini Glue Dots.
- Finish the hat off with fringe and attach to the back of the hat using Mini Glue Dots.
- Assemble the bowtie by adding the green circle to the center using Craft Glue Dots and secure the bowtie under the elf's face.