11 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
It should come as no surprise that kids love playing with food, and these food themed homemade Christmas decor ideas are no exception! Kids can create ornaments out of cookie cutters, make their very own scented ornaments, and even make fun lions using cupcake liners. These Christmas ornament craft ideas for kids are great for little ones of all ages and also make wonderful classroom activities for the week leading up to winter break.
And what kid doesn't love playing out in the snow? Being outdoors in the cold and the snow has a definite childlike magical quality, and these homemade Christmas tree ornaments for kids are all about the beauty of a winter wonderland. Have kids collect pinecones and seeds to decorate trees outside, or make your own seed covered ornaments to feed the birds that stay around during the cold winter months.
Wondering how to make Christmas ornaments for kids with stuff you have around the house? Look no further! With some felt, pipe cleaners, and paper, these easy crafts to make for Christmas can be whipped up in no time! Make lots of cool homemade Christmas decorations to hang in your own home or give as gifts to friends and family.
This holiday season, have the kids help you decorate for Christmas with these easy and fun homemade ornaments for kids!
11 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids Table of Contents
What kid doesn't love playing with food? With these easy homemade Christmas ornaments for kids, playing with food has never been more productive! With some flour, water, cupcake liners, and cookie cutters, you can have lots of homemade ornaments for kids that would look great hanging on a tree or in the kitchen!
- Cinnamon Dough Ornaments: These homemade ornaments for kids work double duty! Not only will they decorate your tree, but they will fill your home with the wonderful smell of cinnamon! These cute ornaments make for easy crafts to make for Christmas.
- Cookie Cutter Ornaments: Homemade Christmas ornaments like these make wonderful gifts! Attach these cookie cutter ornaments to a copy of your favorite cookie recipe and hand out to friends at school or work!
- Delicious Gumdrop Ornament: Visions of sugar plums won't be the only thing dancing in your heads as you make cool homemade Christmas decorations like this! This candy bouquet is a great way to add color to your tree...and best of all you can eat the leftovers!
- Silver Streak Lion Ornament: These homemade Christmas tree ornaments for kids are great for snowdays or afternoons inside keeping nice and warm. Cook up a nice batch of cupcakes and use the extra liners to create these adorable lions!
Just because the weather is cold doesn't mean you can't use nature to inspire your creativity! With these easy homemade Christmas ornaments for kids, you can bring the beauty of winter inside without having to deal with the cold!
- Nature's Quick and Easy Ornaments: Kids can have a lot of fun with these homemade Christmas decor ideas! Using seeds and beans, kids can decorate ball ornaments andhang them on the tree. You could also cover them in bird seed and hang them outside for the winter birds!
- Quick Glitter Pine Cones: Kids of all ages will love these glitter pine cones! These homemade Christmas ornaments look beautiful on a tree and can also be given as a gift to anyone on your list.
When it comes to easy homemade Christmas ornaments for kids, there's nothing better than letting kids go crazy with paper, felt, and pipe cleaners. Here you'll find a great collection of easy crafts to make for Christmas, each one involving materials that kids can easily work with.
- No Sew Felt Ornament: These felt flowers are easy crafts to make for Christmas for kids of all ages! It's a great way to use up leftover felt and they can also do wonders as package embellishments as well!
- Four Sided Christmas Ball Ornament: Kids of all ages will love making these paper ball ornaments! Decorate the tree with these easy homemade Christmas ornaments for kids and have a display that's 100% handmade!
- Let it Snow Decor: Pipe cleaners are great for making cool homemade Christmas decorations like this! Hang these snowflakes on your tree or in the window for a magical holiday snowland!
- Reindeer Ornament: Kids Christmas crafts are great for getting the whole family in on the fun! This cute reindeer ornament is perfect for kids of all ages. Homemade Christmas tree ornaments for kids make wonderful gifts for friends and family.
- Easy Icicle Ornaments for Kids: These icicles make beautiful and easy crafts to make for Christmas. Kids will love creating their own designs and decorations and will have so much fun showing off their work to everyone who comes to visit this holiday season.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 5 Minute Easy Homemade Ornaments
- Free "Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids" eBook
- Special Holiday Pocketbook
- Quick Glitter Pine Cones
- Festive Ice Skate Ornaments
- "Hand" Made Ornaments
- Elf Candy Cane Holder
- 11 Easy Homemade Christmas Ornaments for Kids
- Four Sided Christmas Ball Ornament
- Christmas Snowman Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder