Cheap and Easy Christmas Crafts, Christmas Crafts for Kids, Easy Tutorials and More
By: The Editors of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Start a new tradition this Christmas, and create your own Christmas tree ornaments, decorations and gifts. Homemade Christmas gifts are not only a cheap alternative, but they add a personalized touch to a gift anyone would be excited to receive. The Editors of FaveCrafts have put this guide together detailing our favorite easy christmas craft projects, easy christmas crafts for kids, a video tutorial and ornament ideas.
Top Homemade Christmas Ornament Craft Project: Easy Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
Want an easy Christmas craft project for the children? This is it! And the smell it creates? Heavenly!
- Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint
- 65000 White
- 65032 Leaf Green
- 65141 Bright Red
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- TR325 Crystal 4mm
- Ribbon, to Hang Ornaments
- Drinking Straw
- Measuring Spoons
- Wax Paper
- Paper Towels
- Measuring Cup
- Cookie Cutters
- Wire Rack
- Plastic Food Wrap
- Rolling Pin
Recipe for Easy Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments:
1 cup cinnamon
1 tablespoon cloves
1 tablespoon nutmeg
¾ cup applesauce, drained
2 tbsp glue
- Combine cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add applesauce and glue. Mix well with hands until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place wax paper down onto work surface.
- Roll one quarter of dough between two pieces of wax paper until about ¼” thick.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters, etc.
- Cut holes for hanging using straw or similar object.
- Dry on wire rack for several days, turning daily to keep from curling. Option - dry in a 250 degree F oven until hard.
- For stones, squeeze out a dot of Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint slightly smaller than size of stone. Place stone into paint and gently press so paint comes up and around stone.
- Refer to photo when decorating ornaments. Start flow of paint on a paper towel, applying an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Create polka dots or lines using different colors. Let dry completely.
- Cut ribbon to desired length. Run through hole and knot at end of ribbon.
More Cheap and Easy Christmas Crafts
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids: Christmas Ornament Ideas
Kids love to help create something that will be hung on the Christmas tree for all to see.
Cereal Wreaths: Take a box of Shredded Wheat or other cereal of the same texture (especially if some has gone stale before you had a chance to eat it!). Pour glue into a bowl and add green food coloring drops at a time until you have the right color. Let the kids roughly break apart the Shredded Wheat into the bowl. As you stir the wheat into the glue, it will break up further. The kids can do this with their hands! Add more wheat or colored glue to get the consistency right. Take a spoonful and shape into a wreath. While the mixture needs to hold together, do not press too tightly together or you will lose the texture. Place on wax or greased paper to dry. Once they are all on the paper, coat with another layer of glue to hold them together. Once dry, embellish with small red beads and a tiny red bow, and hang with ribbon.
Popsicle or Craft Sticks: You can easily turn craft sticks into a variety of shapes and Christmas characters. Five craft sticks can be glued together, overlapping, for a star. Paint with glow-in-the-dark paint for a fun touch. Or, paint a craft stick white, and make a little black hat out of belt. Paint an orange line for the carrot nose, and black dots for the eyes, mouth, and buttons. Tie and ribbon around the stick for a scarf and you have a cute little snowman. Use the same general idea for making a Santa. Create a “sled” by gluing four or five craft sticks next to one another. I prefer the reindeer!
Felt Trees and Gingerbread Men: Use cookie cutters or download a pattern for your preferred Christmas shape. For Gingerbread Men, use rick rack (the white squiggly stuff!) to make a border around the outside of the felt. Add googly eyes, felt buttons, a little bowtie, and more. For the felt trees, you sequins to create garland and mini-ornaments, and don’t forgot the gold star on top!
Puzzle Piece Reindeer/Wreath: Gather up spare puzzle pieces from incomplete or mixed-up puzzles (this always seems to happen with young kids). Paint the puzzle pieces green if you want to make a wreath. Use several different colors for a varied look. Allow to dry and glue together into a circle, layering the pieces. Tie a red bow at the bottom and hang with an ornament hanger or a ribbon. For the reindeer, paint the pieces brown and create a head by layering several together. Glue 1-2 pieces for each antler. Add a red pom pom for the nose and googly eyes.
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids Video: Christmas Tree Decoration
Watch this video to learn a quick and easy Christmas craft from a kid.
Other Christmas Craft Gifts and Ideas
Looking for Homemade Christmas Ornament projects and tips? Click here.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- How to Make a 3D Flower for Kids
- Cheap and Easy Christmas Crafts, Christmas Crafts for Kids, Easy Tutorials and More
- How to Decorate Easter Eggs
- Julie Griffith: Spooky Halloween Candle
- The Top 5 Really Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids, Childrens Christmas Tree Crafts and Videos
- Easter Chick Storybook with Video
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilted Paper DIY Wall Art
- Sweet Decoupage Picture Frame
- Super Simple Painted DIY Wall Art
- Scrap Fabric Hair Accessories
- Metal Stamped Floral Stakes
- Ultimate Plaid Home Decor Assortment
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns for Accessories
- Grab & Go Organizer
- Suzanne Cannon
- Surface Life