11 Smash Journals, Ideas, and Embellishments
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Whether you're looking for a clever way to jazz up your diary or you need a place to store all your favorite photos and quotes, a smash book is a great way to do it! In this collection of 11 Smash Journals, Ideas, and Embellishments, you'll find some great tutorials and suggestions on how to turn an ordinary notebook, diary, or album, and convert it into something that's colorful, expressive, and totally you.
The great thing about Smash Books is that anyone and everyone can do them. It's a great place to store all your favorite quotes and recipes, and is great to read through now and again for encouragement, inspiration, and motivation.
You can share your Smash Book like an album and leave it out for friends and family to enjoy, or you can keep it close at heart...as a place where you store your personal goals, your biggest fears, your highest accomplishments, and your hopes and dreams for the future.
11 Smash Journals, Ideas, and Embellishments
Get your Smash book off to the right start by giving it a fun and funky cover. These Smash Scrapbook covers are great for adding texture and style to journal covers and diary covers, but are also great for giving a fun look to your school notebooks. Work through your craft stash and create lovely journal covers with this fun collection of Smash Scrapbook covers.
Scraptastic Notebook: Add some glitz and glamor to your notebooks with this Scraptastic Notebook project. This is a great craft for teens and tweens, and is a clever way to get them in the mood to head back to school! This is also a great way to use up leftover fabric scraps, ribbon scraps, and paper scraps. Mix and match different media to create a notebook cover that's truly unique, colorful, and fun!
Vacation Mini Album: Going on a little weekend trip? Remember all the fun you had with this little mini vacation album. Small enough to suit a little weekend getaway, this Smash Book style mini vacation scrapbook makes remembering all the fun you had easy and fun...and they're great to share with family and friends when you arrive back home!
Mixed Media Dream Journal: Record all your favorite dreams in this beautiful dream journal. Keep it by your bed and jot down what you remember when you wake up in the morning. It's a fun exercise and it may be fun to go back and read it now and again!
Visual Smash Book Journal: This visual journal is all about photos, so it's a great way to show off your favorite images, products, and recipes.
Vintage Inspired Journal: When it comes to Smash Journals, ideas like this are perfect for creating your own fun look and design. Use this tutorial to add a fun cover to your diary or notebook, or create your very own DIY scrapbook cover with this vintage inspired journal design.
Mixed Media Journal: Take some time to relax and reflect with your own handmade Mixed Media Journal. Use recycled materials like brown paper bags and cereal boxes to construct this piece. Fill your Smash Book style journal with writings or clips of your favorite foods, people, words, or quotes.
- Recycled Mixed Media Journal: It's never too late to start recording your thoughts. Create a Recycled Mixed Media Journal using a wet wipe lid and dive deep into your mind. This journal is both eye-catching and unique, making it a personal space for you to grow and explore your psyche.
Now that you have your cover done, it's time to start decorating your pages! With these Smash Scrapbook Ideas and Embellishments, you'll be able to add a fun touch to all the pages of your new Smash Book, album, scrapbook, journal, or diary.
Tissue Paper Flower Embellishment: These adorable paper flowers are a great way to add a little something special to your Smash Books. Made with simple white tissue paper and a small colorful button, these paper embellishments would also be great on cards and even to wear as hair accessories.
DIY Fabric Tape: You can create fun borders around your notebooks and photos with the use of Washi tape...but did you know you can make your own? Turn your favorite fabric scraps into colorful tape to help add color and texture to your Smash Book pages.
Faux Crochet Embellishment: When it comes to Smash Journals, ideas like this literally take your book "over the top"! Use this 3D style flower to add some dimension to your Smash Book cover. Best of all, there's really no crocheting involved!
- Blooming Scrapbook Flowers: Add life to your scrapbook layouts with these Blooming Scrapbook Flowers. Making flowers from paper is a great way to add dimension and character to your layouts. You can also embellish picture frames, journals, and greeting cards.
Check out this awesome Fold Up Memory Book, great for creating your very own Smash Book style album. This Fold Up Memory Book, also known as an @book, is a great way to combine journaling and scrapbooking. Use this simple and easy paper craft to create a mini scrapbook of a family vacation, a wedding, or birthday. These @books fold up nice and small, so you can easily store them on a shelf or in a drawer. When you fold them out, they can extend to be over a yard long! This is a great way to preserve photos and create a special gift that anyone would be lucky to receive.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Cute Crochet Doll
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Pastel Peaks Crochet Baby Hat Pattern
- Recycled Crowns from Foil Wrapping Paper
- DIY Butterfly Valentine's Day Card Box Holder
- 44 Easy Craft Projects For Adults
- Quick and Easy DIY Label
- Block Stitch Bun Hat Pattern
- Terrarium in a Mason Jar Gift Idea