Here's a fun no-sew quilt block you can attach to a quilted background. Use your child's drawing, printed onto muslin, or create your own design on a piece of muslin. When you add beads, tape and thread, the result is 3-dimensional fun that makes a homemade holiday decoration.
- Two 8" x 10" sheets of Treasure Tape
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik Facets in Black
- Kreinik 1/16" ribbon in 014 Sky blue
- Blue satin 1/4" ribbon
- Scraps of fiery-looking knitting yarn
- Small scraps of fabric or fibers for confetti on candleholder
- Yellow fabric scraps for background
- 8" x 10" background fabric with design printed on it
- Shallow pan or tray
- Remove the white backing from your 8x10 sheet of Treasure Tape. Lay the background fabric on the sticky tape, with the printed side facing the tape. Smooth out any bubbles.
- Remove the red liner to expose the sticky area.
- Begin by outlining the candleholder with Black Facets. Press the fiber into the tape to make sure it adheres. Lay bits of fabric (or fibers) on the candleholder. Refer to the photo as a guide if needed.
- Then lay the blue satin ribbon in the candle areas, folding it from side to side as shown in the photo. Outline the candles with the 1/16" Ribbon in 014 Sky Blue.
- Lay the fiery-looking knitting yarn in the flame areas.
- Lay the scraps of yellow fabric in the background area.
- When decorating is complete, lay your project in a shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
- Use your remaining 8" x 10" sheet of Treasure Tape to attach the design to a quilt panel.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.