Create coral-toned beads and a sun pendent from clay and pewter, perfect for a warm-weather necklace. Different shaped clay beads add interest to the necklace. For a fun twist, check out Linda's video on using shaving cream to create coral beads.
- FIMO® Soft — Translucent (#014), Mandarin (#42), Sunflower (#16), Raspberry (#22)
- Liquid FIMO® Decorating Gel
- AMACO® Tri-Bead Roller™
- AMACO® Pro Bead Roller™ — Either Set 1 or 2
- AMACO® Bead Baking Rack
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Pure Metal Sheets — Pewter
- AMACO® FunWireTM — Clear/Silver 22 Gauge and 24 Gauge
- Misc. Silver Beads
- Pearl Ex Pigment Powder — Pumpkin Orange, Salmon Pink
- Jewelry Pliers — Fiskars
- Jewelry Wire Snips — Fiskars
- Beadalon® .018 Diameter 49 Flexible Beading Wire
- Halcraft., Inc. Toggle Clasps of Choice
- Halcraft Crimp Beads
- Paper Hole Punch, McGill® Inc.
- Using the wooden stylus that came with the ArtEmboss® pewter, emboss metal with desired pattern or cut out the pattern provided.
- Mix a small amount of Salmon Pink PearlEx pigment into a quarter size drop of Liquid FIMO® Decorating Gel. Repeat this step with Pumpkin Orange.
- Using the toothpick, pick up one of the colors and apply directly onto front of metal (front has raised edges and is not the side you embossed). Apply one color to top and the second color to bottom. Blend where the colors meet with toothpick. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 265ºF (130ºC). Allow to cool and repeat process for other side (this helps to keep the metal from de-bossing). Bake, let cool, and punch holes where desired.
- Mix one part Mandarin FIMO® Soft with four parts Translucent. Repeat this same mixture with Sunflower. Mix uneven amounts together to create a marble effect. Roll into ball and create bead with desired bead roller shape. Apply Pearl Ex pigments to the beads giving them a shine. Poke holes in beads with piercing pins (included with Pro Bead Roller™). Bake on Bead Baking Rack for 30 minutes at 265ºF (130ºC).
- Jump Rings-Wrap 22 gauge FunWire™ around a pen or pencil. Snip off jump rings with jewelry snips/pliers.
- Oval Beads- Thread 24 gauge FunWire™ through hole in bead, loop and cut off excess. Repeat with other side. Jump rings will attach to these loops.
- Add beads and washers as desired or follow the picture. String beads onto beading wire to finish, add crimp beads and toggles to complete.