20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
Pillow Bead Bracelet
By: Lisa Pavelka for AMACO
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Design and create your own clay beads for this fun and colorful bracelet from AMACO.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay — Tropical Green #53, Windsor Blue #35, Lemon #10, Metallic Silver #812 or #81
- AMACO® Pasta Machine
- AMACO® PolyBlade
- AMACO® PolyRoller™
- AMACO® Bead Baking Rack with Piercing Pins
- Heart and Flower Pattern Cutters (Kemper Tool) PCBF and PCBH
- X-Acto® Type Craft Knife
- 8" x 8" or Larger Ceramic Work/Baking Tile
- Small Silver Beads (approx. 6 mm)
- Blue Bugle Beads
- Beading Wire
- Silver Crimp Tubes
- Wire Cutters
- Crimping Pliers
- Silver Clasp with Jump Rings
- Deli Sheet or Parchment Paper
Striped Flower Tops
- Create a striped loaf by stacking 1" x 8" sheets of Lemon, Tropical Green, and Windsor Blue FIMO® Soft rolled through the 5th largest setting the pasta machine. Lightly roll the stack with the PolyRoller to compress and remove air pockets. Cut the stack into 2" long sections. Stack these, one-over-the-other, making sure that the colors alternate.
- Slice several thin slices from this loaf using the PolyBlade. Lay the slices side-by-side over a sheet of Lemon FIMO® Soft that’s been rolled through the 5th largest setting of the pasta machine.
Tip: Whenever working with clay that may become stretched or distorted when removing from a work surface, using a deli sheet or piece of parchment paper to work on makes an easily removable backing that can be peeled away without damaging your clay work.
- Roll the PolyRoller lightly over the clay following the direction of the stripes. This will help to even the thickness between the slices and compress the edges together for a cleaner look. After rolling, run this sheet through the 4th largest setting of the pasta machine with the stripes facing up.
- Cut three 1" squares from the sheet. Place one of the squares (stripes facing down) over the opening of the flower cutter. Gently use your pinkie finger to press the clay down into the cutter opening to create a concave bowl. Do not press too hard which can cut or tear the clay.
- While holding cutter by the sides (and not the spring-loaded plunger), press it down over the work tile and pull away the excess clay leaving the “clay bowl” in place, inside the cutter. Bake the cutter with the clay at 265ºF (130ºC) for 30 minutes. Allow the cutter to cool completely then pop the clay out of the cutter by gently depressing the plunger. Note: Do not attempt until clay is completely cool or it may break. Repeat this two more times with the flower cutter.
Polka Dot Heart Tops
- Create a “Bull’s Eye” cane to make the polka dots. Start by rolling a 1" long x 1/2" diameter Lemon FIMO® Soft snake. Wrap this in a sheet of Tropical Green clay rolled out through the 3rd largest setting of the pasta machine. Wrap the snake again in a sheet of Windsor Blue clay rolled through the 5th largest setting of the pasta machine.
- Cut the bull’s eye cane in half (saving half for other projects). Roll the cane with your hand against the work surface to reduce it to 3/16" in diameter.
- Cut several thin slices from the reduced cane and place randomly over a sheet of Metallic Silver clay rolled through the 4th largest setting of the pasta machine. Embed the cane slices into the clay sheet by rolling with the PolyRoller. Hint: Working on a deli sheet is recommended for this step. Be sure to rotate the sheet often while rolling to maintain the round shape of the polka dots. Rolling in only one direction will stretch and distort the circles.
- Once the polka dots appear seamlessly embedded into the silver sheet, cut out 2 (for smaller bracelets) or 3 (for large bracelets) 1" squares. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 from the Striped Flower Tops directions to create the tops of the heart beads.
Making the Beads
- Using the pattern cutters, punch out hearts and flowers from sheets of clay rolled through the largest setting of the pasta machine (Lemon/flowers, Windsor Blue/hearts). Remove the excess clay.
- To create the stringing holes, place two bead piercing pins 1/4" apart, across the middle of each cutout. The pins should be facing parallel to one another. These will leave stringing holes/paths after baking.
- With the pins still in place, press the bead tops onto the corresponding shaped cutouts. Press the tops so that the clay on the sides rises up slightly over the bead top edges. Using your fingertips, gently press this clay against the bead tops to secure them to the bottoms creating a framed appearance.
- Suspend the beads on the Baking Rack by placing the pins in the slots and bake at 265ºF (130ºC) for 30 minutes. After completely cool, twist the pins to loosen and pull them out.
- Cut two 12" long sections of beading wire. Holding these sections side-by-side, thread both wires through a crimp bead. Bring the ends back through to form a small loop. Secure the crimp using the pliers and trim away the excess tails.
- Thread a silver bead onto the combined wire lengths. This will hide the ends of the trimmed wire tail left after forming the starting loop. Separate the wires and thread a bugle bead over each one.
- Add a flower pillow bead, threading one wire through each of the two hole paths created with the piercing pins. Once the wire is pushed through the opposite holes, make an “X” formation with the silver and bugle beads. Separate the wires and thread a bugle bead over each one. Combine the wires and thread a silver bead over both. Separate the wires once again and string a bugle bead over each one.
- Add a heart pillow bead as in Step 3. Repeat these steps using a total of 5 pillow beads for smaller bracelet and 6 to make a larger one.
- After adding the final pillow bead, finish by stringing one bugle bead on each wire. Combine the two wires and thread a last silver bead. String a crimp bead over the combined wires and bring the ends back through. Pull out the slack, leaving a small loop at the end. Secure the crimp with pliers and trim away the excess wire with wire cutters. Hide any remaining wire tail by tucking it into the silver end bead. Add the clasp and jump ring.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed
- "25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Ideas" eBook
- Super Easy Memory Wire Bracelet
- Crystal Ladder Bracelet
- Knitted Knotty Necklace
- Strawberry Patch Bracelet
- How to Make Shrink Plastic Jewelry
- Vintage Lace Brooches
- Recycled Newspaper Beads
- Dutch Spiral Bracelet
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
- Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- We've Got You Covered: 25 Crochet and Knit Throws
- Jewelry for You! How to Make Handmade Beaded Bracelets and Necklaces
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- How To Create 14 Sparkly Craft Projects Using Krylon Glitter Blast
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- Perfect for Christmas Gift Giving: 6 'Gift in a Jar' Ideas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- Creative Ideas for the Holiday Home
- 22 Summer Crafts for Kids
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Baby Love
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- How to Knit: Beginner Knitting Help and 7 Free Patterns
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- From Head to Toe, Young to Old: 26 Knit and Crochet Accessories
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Easter Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- How To Halloween: Projects from Bloggers
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Creative Crafting all Year Round: Crafts to Celebrate the Holidays
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
- 4th of July Crafts and Recipes
- Mother's Day Crafting: Blogger Edition
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Father's Day Crafts
- Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- Father's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 4th of July Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Beautiful Beads
- 20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
- Fun with Fabric Dye
- 24 Simple Scrapbooking Layouts
- Garden Crafts
- 42 Ways to Recycle
- 31 Cupcake Inspired Creations
- Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- Sewing for Beginners
- Graduation Crafts
- DIY Wedding
- 33 Summer Wedding Ideas
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- Cheap Home Decor: Crafting with Paper
- Great Decor in a Flash Without a Lot of Cash
- Low-Cost Clothing Crafts
- Inexpensive Home Decor
- Cheap and Easy Crafts
- Low-Cost Kitchen Crafts
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- Have a Red Heart Holiday: 20 Knit & Crochet Gifts and Decorating Ideas
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Crafting With The Craftwell eCraft and eBosser: Scrapbooking, Paper Crafts, and So Much More
- 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter - The Ultimate Craft Guide
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers, & More
- Crafts for Father's Day: 36 Homemade Father's Day Gift Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- How to Make a Purse: 20 Patterns for Sewing Totes, Bags and More
- 17 Easy Crafts with Yarn: Make Accessories, Decor and More with Lion Brand Imagine Yarn
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Welcome to Our Home: Knit and Crochet Ideas from Red Heart
- 20 Crafts with Mason Jars: Wedding Ideas, Centerpieces, Dcor and More
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- How to Make Bows, Hair Pins and More: 33 DIY Hair Accessories
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
- The Ultimate Craft Guide: 25 Free Craft Projects for Every Crafter
- Summer Crafts for Kids
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- Thanksgiving Crafts
- Holiday How-To: Thanksgiving Crafts and Pumpkin Recipes
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas
- 24 Polymer Clay Tutorials: Polymer Clay Jewelry, Home Decor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- Crochet Patterns, Painting Ideas, and More: 15 New DIY Crafts
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- How to Paint Furniture: 19 Upcycled Furniture Projects from DecoArt
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- Make it Yours: How To Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More with Krylon Spray Paint
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- Painting the Seasons with Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Decor
- 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Crafters
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Idea
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts, and More
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Craft Ideas and Projects
- 38 Holiday Crafts: Holiday Decorating Ideas for Every Season
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014
- 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing craft Ideas
- 12 Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects: Jewelry, Gifts & Decorations for the Holidays
- Great Gift Ideas: Knitting and Crochet Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- 24 Handmade Craft Ideas from 2010: A Year of Free Crafts
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How to Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions & Techniques
- 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas
- How To Tie Dye: 10 Tie Dye Instructions And Techniques