20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
Green Grandeur Necklace
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Use beading wire, treasure beads and seed beads to create this enchanting necklace and pendant.
- 19 strand .012 Gold Plated Beadalon wire
- Two size 2 gold filled crimp beads
- Two 4mm gold plated crimp covers
- One medium gold plated toggle clasp
- 2 gold plated 6mm jump ring
- Wildfire bead stringing thread size .006
- Size 12 needle
- One package size 15 metallic gold seed beads
- One package size 11 matte light green seed beads
- One package size 11 matte olive Treasure beads
- Optional – size 22 seed beads, or size 15 Charlottes
- One 30mm round, flat bead or cabochon
- Twenty two 6mm round beads
- 4mm Swarovski crystal bi-cones
Creating the beaded bezel:
- Start with a comfortable length of Wildfire bead stringing thread about a wingspan long. String and even number of Treasure beads on the thread to fit around the circumference of the 30 mm bead. Tie the beads into a circle at the center of your working thread and pass through a few beads to hide the knot.
- Begin a row of circular peyote stitch wide enough to cover the edge of your bead. Remember to step up at the end of each row.
- Switch to size 15 seed beads and continue to work in circular peyote stitch for two rows. Finish with a row of size 22 seed beads, or size 15 Charlottes, and tie off your thread.
- Thread the remaining thread end, and begin a row of peyote on the other side of your pendant with the size 15 seed beads. Pop your 30mm bead in and continue with another row of size 15 and a row of size 22 until your bead is captured into place.
Creating the fringe:
- Weave your thread so it is exiting a Treasure Bead on the second to last row. This will be the front of your pendant.
- Pick up one size 11 seed bead, three size 15 seed beads, weave back through the size 11 seed bead and through the next Treasure Bead on the bezel. Continue from to adding picots around the circle. Next, position your thread so it is coming out of a Treasure bead on the row behind the one just beaded. Pick up one size 11 seed bead, one crystal, three size 15 seed beads and weave back through the crystal, the size 11 seed bead, and the next Treasure Bead on the bezel. Be sure to keep your thread tension tight and that there is no slack around the picots. Continue from to around the circle, weave back through a few Treasure Beads to position your thread to create the bail.
Creating the bail:
- Exit a Treasure Bead, pick up one bead, skip one bead on the medallion, and go back through the next bead, pick up one bead, skip one bead, go back through the next bead.
- Work a strip of peyote stitch 4 beads wide and 8 beads long. Fold it back on itself and stitch together to form a loop.
- Exit one of the beads on the side of the bail. Pick up 3 size 15 beads, go through the next bead to create a picot edge. Continue around both sides of the bail. Tie off your thread.
Creating the necklace:
- Attach a split ring to each side of the toggle clasp.
- Cut three 20” lengths of 19 strand .012 gold plated Beadalon beading wire.
- Crimp all three wires together to a split ring on one half of the clasp. Trim the wires close to the crimp, and cover the crimp with a crimp cover.
- Separate the wires – mentally label the wires as “a” “b” and “c”. On wires “a” and “b”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal and one size 15 bead. On wires “b” and “c”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal, and one size 15 bead. On wires “a” and “b”, string one 6mm bead. Repeat from to 11 times, then string the pendant.
- For the second half of the necklace, on wires “a” and “b”, string one 6mm bead. On wires “b” and “c”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal, and one size 15 bead. On wires “a” and “b”, string one size 15 bead, one crystal and one size 15 bead Repeat from to 11 times.
- String all three wires around the split ring on the other side of your clasp. Check to make sure both sides of the necklace are the same length by adjusting the tension on the strung beads, then crimp all three wires together with the crimp bead. Trim the wires close to the crimp bead, then cover with the crimp cover.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Super Easy Memory Wire Bracelet
- Dutch Spiral Bracelet
- Vintage Lace Brooches
- "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed
- Crystal Ladder Bracelet
- Cluster Bracelet
- Sunshine Yellow Beaded Bracelet Pattern
- Pink Passion Flower Earrings
- "25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Ideas" eBook
- Silver Splendor Bracelet
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Colorful Christmas Angel Ornament
- Elegant Angel Christmas Ornament
- Easy Angel Christmas Ornament
- Serene Snowfall Tree Ornament
- Precious Pine Cone Ornament
- Spiral Beaded Christmas Trees
- Glittery Glass Mug
- Beautiful Bookshelf Decoupage
- Ostrich Egg Decoupage Art
- Easy Decoupage Wine Bottles