20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
Geometric Necklace and Earrings Set
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Wrapped wire in organic and geometric formations with rough gemstone material has become a popular look recently. The trick here is creating a design that has rough elements combined in surprising ways creating a balanced final design.
- 20 gauge ColourCraft Silver Plated Wire
- 24 gauge ColourCraft Silver Plated Wire
- 10 - 1/2 in. Head pins, silver plated
- 2 - Ball & spring French ear wires, silver plated
- 1 - Medium toggle clasp, silver plated
- 2 - Size #1 Crimp tubes, silver plated
- Beadalon 49 Strand bright .013 in. wire
- 11 - 6mm Blue A/B Czech glass beads
- 3 - 2mm Peridot rounds
- 2 strands - Small peridot chips
- Wig Jig
- Designer chain nose pliers
- Designer round nose pliers
- Designer flush cutter
- Designer crimper
- Bead Board
Note: To complete this project, you should be familiar with wire, wire wrapping and ear wire finishing.
- Getting Started: Begin by laying out the peridot chips on the bead board while still stranded to ensure that the peridot chips will complete a 16 in. length. Try positioning the hanging beads here on the bead board for reference later.
- Wig Jig Shapes - Square: Assemble your Wig Jig on a flat surface. You will form one square and two diamond shapes using the 20 gauge ColourCraft silver plated wire (silver color). Assemble six small pegs on the jig forming a square with a peg in the center hole and one peg at a level above in the center. Cut a 3 in. length of wire and add a blue Czech bead. Secure the wire to the top peg by wrapping it around and down to the left top peg, working around the square. Keep the bead down on the wire so it will end up on the right hand side of the square. Adjust the wire as you go. Wrap the wire over the top right peg and down, over and around the center peg. Trim excess wire at the top and in the center with flush cutters. Remove shape from the jig. Work the top loop with round or chain nose pliers to be 90 degrees from the flat side of the square, forming a bail for your pendant. Use pliers to form and close the center and top loops, and to clean up the geometric shape.
- More Wig Jig Shapes - Diamonds: Move the pegs into a diamond formation with the top peg one level above the top of the diamond and a peg inserted in the center. Cut a 3 in. length of wire and secure it to the top peg, wrapping from the bottom, over and around to the left. Work the wire around the pegs, up over the top right diamond peg and down to the center peg, working over and around. Trim excess wire and remove the shape from the jig. Use pliers to close center and top loops and to adjust element's shape. Make another; these two shapes will be used in the earrings. Use round or chain nose pliers to work the top loop around to be 90 degrees from the flat side of the diamond, forming a bail. The diamonds should have opposing openings so that they are mirror images.
- Add Rounds to Geometric: Thread a peridot round onto a 1 1/4 in. length of 24 gauge ColourCraft wire. Place it in the center of the wire length. Use your fingers to place the bead in the space between the bottom of your center loop on an angle towards the closed area of your shape. Wrap the top of the wire around the bottom of your 20 gauge loop three times; trim excess wire. Now wrap the other side of the wire at the bottom of the peridot around the bottom of the shape on the larger wire three times; trim excess wire. While wrapping, adjust the tension on the wire so that the peridot is laying on an angle securely (see photo). Repeat this process for each geometric shape.
- Finish the Earrings, Blue Drops: Thread blue Czech glass beads with headpins and create an earring coil on the top of eight of the beads and a loop at the top of two. Add the two top-loop beads to the bottom of the diamond shaped earring forms. Attach to the French ear wires.
- Bead the Necklace: Attach the toggle clasp to a 19 in. length of Beadalon 49 Strand wire using a crimp tube and crimp tool. Begin stringing the peridot chips, adding a wrapped-top Czech glass bead on head pin at the 4 in., 3 in., 2 in. and 1 in. mark. Use the bead board for reference. Adjust the chips while working to ensure the proper length.
- Add the Pendant: Add your geometric pendant to the center of the strand. Continue beading with chips and threaded glass beads as before, around to the 8 in. mark on the bead board. Adjust chips and beads. Add the other end of the toggle clasp using a crimp tube and crimping tool. Trim excess wire.
Variations on a Theme: Play with the wig jig to create many different shapes and embellish them with beads and wire. Change the beads or the way you embellish the wire and you can create a very refined look or an earthy rough-hewn look. Try using embellished wire shapes for frame accents, large hanging candleholders or on scrapbook pages. Happy Beading!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Dutch Spiral Bracelet
- Super Easy Memory Wire Bracelet
- Vintage Lace Brooches
- "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed
- "25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Ideas" eBook
- Crystal Ladder Bracelet
- Cluster Bracelet
- Sparkle Flower Earrings
- Beaded Cuff Bloom Bracelet
- Pink Passion Flower Earrings
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- Homemade Halloween Decorations
- Recycled Craft Ideas: Easy Crafts to Make with Recycled Material
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 11 Teacher-Approved Crafts for School
- 12 Easter Egg Ideas & Easter Crafts for Adults
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Expression Fiber Arts
- Easy Printable Habit Tracker
- Printable Task Manager
- Printable Password Keeper
- Easy DIY Jewelry Stand
- Delightful Mother's Day Bookmarks
- Make Mom Smile Mother's Day Coupons
- Night Before Christmas Adult Coloring Page
- Carousel Horse DIY Costume
- Q-tip Rudolph Ornament