You will look like a queen in this five strand necklace. The purple and gold metal beads make for a very sophisticated look.
- 6mm Round flat Purple Luster Beads--70 (a)
- 6mm Bicone Purple Luster Beads--69 (b)
- 4mm Round Purple Luster Beads--34 (c)
- 3mm Round Purple Luster Beads--6 (d)
- 2mm Round Gold Metal Beads--177 (e)
- 5mm Square Gold metal Beads--30 (f)
- Gold Three Strand Spacer Bars--6
- Gold Two Strand Spacer bars--6
- Five Strand Gold Necklace Ends--2 2" Gold Head Pins--5
- Medium Gold Toggle Clasp--1
- Gold Clamshell Bead Tips--7
- #1 Crimp Beads--7
- Gold 5mm Split Rings--9
- Dandyline™ Black .011" Stringing Thread
- Size 10 Beading Needle
- Designer Scissors
- Beadstorm™ Chain Nose Pliers
- Split Ring Pliers
- Tri Tray
Note: Beads will be referred to by the abbreviations given in the materials list.
- Single thread your needle with 18" of Dandyline™. Securely tie a crimp on the end of the thread, glue knot and trim excess thread. Pass needle through a clamshell tip from the inside and close around knot. Begin all strands this way.
- On first strand alternate (e) beads with (b) beads until you have five (b) and six (e). Pass thread through one two strand spacer bar. Repeat five more times so you have six sections ending with a spacer bar. Then pick up 1 (e), 1 (b), 2 (e), and 1 (b). Tie on a stop bead with an overhand knot to hold the strand.
- Repeat from beginning taking the second strand through the other hole on the spacer bar. When you get the last spacer bar in place pick up 1 (e), 1 (b) and 2 (e). Pass needle through last (b) bead. Remove stopper bead from first strand. Take both threads through a clamshell tip and one thread through a crimp bead. Tie off threads against the crimp bead. Glue knot and trim threads. Close clamshell around knot. Set aside.
- The first strand on the other side is 5 (a) beads alternated with 6 (e) beads and then pass the needle through one outside hole on a three strand spacer. Repeat until you have six sections and six spacer bars. Pick up 1 (e), 1 (a), and 3 (e). Tie on a stop bead. Repeat this on the other outside strand.
- The middle strand is 1 (e), then 5(f) alternating with 4 (c) and end the section with 1 (d). Pass thread through middle hole of spacer bar. Repeat five more times. Pick up 1 (e), 1 (a), and 2 (e).
- Remove stopper beads and take all strands through 1 (a) bead and a clamshell tip. Place a crimp bead on one strand and tie off threads against the crimp bead. Glue knot, trim threads and close clamshell.
- Attach clamshell tips to split rings. On one side attach the loop part of the toggle. On other side attach one more split ring and the bar part of the toggle.
- Attach the other ends of the strands to the five loops on one necklace end piece being sure to get them lined up properly. Refer to photo for placement.
- On three head pins thread on 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (f), 1 (b), 1 (f), 1 (b), 1 (f), 1 (c) and 1 (e). Trim pins to 3/8" above beads and turn loop on the end.
- On two pins thread on 1 (e), 1 (c), 1 (a), 1 (f), 1 (a), 1 (f), 1 (a), 1 (c) and 1 (e). Trim pins and turn loops.
- Attach pins to second five strand necklace end with split rings. Attach two necklace ends together with a split ring. Refer to photo.