By: Carol Haynes for Beadalon
Your glasses will be safe and trendy with these eyeglass holders. This easy to make project can be completed in 4 simple steps by using crystal and black crimp beads.
- Beadalon® wire 49 Strand -Most Flexible .018 Black
- 2 - clear eye glass holders
- 2 – ColourCraft® 22 gauge (your choice of 2 colors)
- Beadalon Crimper Tool
- Beadalon® black crimp beads 1.3 mm
- 8 - Crystal beads, 6mm
- Beadalon® Coiling Gizmo
- Cut a 33” piece of 49 Strand - Most Flexible black wire, and loop one end through the eye glass holder using two crimp beads to secure in place.
- Using the Coiling Gizmo create six small beads, they should measure about one inch in length. When creating the beads use one color wire for the first twist and the second color for the ends of the bead. See directions included in your Gizmo kit.
- String your first crystal close to the eyeglass holder and crimp in place. Then using two fingers as a guide string a crimp bead then your coiled bead. (Tip: gently squeeze the top loop so the bead does not slip past the crimp bead.)
- String this sequence two more times ending with a crystal, you will have four crystals and 3 coiled beads. Leave a space of about eight inches then starting with a crystal repeat the sequence down the other side. Ending with the eyeglass holder hold together with two crimp beads.