Crystal Mandala Earrings
By: By Bonnie Clewans for Beadalon
Make yourself stand out with these intricate crystal earrings.
- .004 in. (0.13mm) Extra fine DandyLine™ bead weaving and stringing thread
- Size 10 Hard beading needle
- 12 - 6mm Blue Swarovski round crystal beads
- 12 - 6mm Blue Swarovski bicone crystal beads
- Size 11/0 Toho Japanese seed beads (seed beads)
- Thread the hard beading needle with a 3 ft. (91.44cm) length of Dandyline bead weaving and stringing thread.
- String on 6 seed beads. Using a surgeon's knot, tie into a circle, leaving a 6 in. (15.24cm) tail.
- String on 1 seed bead, 1 crystal, 1 seed bead. Go back through the crystal and seed bead, so the crystal is close to the 6 bead base circle created in step 2.
- Pass the needle through the next seed in the base circle, moving away from the base circle's knot.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until 6 crystals have been strung.
- Travel the needle through the first seed bead, crystal and seed bead. Exit through the top seed bead.
- Add a seed bead, crystal and seed bead. Pass the needle through the next top seed.
- Pull snug and continue, until all six crystals are connected. Pass the needle through the outer circle twice. When passing through the outer circle, add a loop of seed beads. This loop serves as the earring hanger.
- Exit thread after the second seed bead on the side of a crystal. String 5 seed beads, then add 6 seed beads. Go back through seed bead number 5. Add 4 seed beads and pass through the second seed bead on the other side of the crystal.
- Continue around outer circle, travel back to the tail at the base circle and tie off. The earring should be taut, with a slightly curved appearance.
- Repeat these steps to create the other earring.