20 Bracelet Patterns: Macrame Bracelets, Friendship Bracelets, Hemp Bracelets, and More
Circle and Square Set
By: By Margot Potter for Beadalon
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The 1970s disc and chain look has re-emerged into the forefront of the fashion jewelry market. This design uses toggle clasp circles and chain combined with the iridescence of dichroic glass beads fashioned into charms. The movement in these pieces fully showcases the light play of the beads.
1 pkg. - Curb chain, medium, silver plated
1 - Large toggle clasp, silver plated
1 - Medium toggle clasp, silver plated
17 - Medium toggle clasp circles, silver plated
2 - Small toggle clasp circles, silver plated
2 - Ball and spring French ear wires, silver plated
13 - 1.5 in. Head pins, white plating
2 - 1.5 in. Eye pins, white plating
3 - 12.5mm dichroic glass beads, teal rainbow medium flat bean
4 - 10.3mm dichroic glass beads, teal rainbow small flat bean
4 - 12.5mm dichroic glass beads, watermelon rainbow medium flat bean
3 - 10.3mm dichroic glass beads, watermelon rainbow small flat bea
3 - 7.3mm dichroic glass beads, blue-green rainbow cube
7 - 10.5mm dichroic glass beads, peridot rainbow small disc
6 - 12.5mm dichroic glass beads, amber rainbow medium disc
7 - Toho 6/0 light green transparent rainbow seed beads
6 - Toho 6/0 light purple transparent rainbow seed beads
Designer Round Nose Pliers
Designer Chain Nose Pliers
Designer Flush Cutters
Note: You will need to be familiar with turning head and eye pins, attaching chain to clasps and attaching dangles to chain.
- Thread an eye pin with a teal rainbow medium flat bean dichroic glass bead. Create a loop flush to the top of the bead and trim excess wire.
- Attach a medium toggle clasp circle to one end of the eye pin beaded in step 1. Attach a 4-link length of curb chain to the top of the bead.
- Thread a medium toggle clasp circle and the top of your beaded chain onto the French ear wire.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 to complete the other earring.
- Create three top-looped head pins threaded with the following bead combination: 6/0 light purple seed bead, amber rainbow medium disc dichroic glass bead, and a watermelon rainbow medium flat bean dichroic glass bead. Loop the top of the wire flush to the bean bead using round nose pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Create four top-looped head pins with the following bead combination: 6/0 light green seed bead, peridot rainbow small disc dichroic glass bead, and teal rainbow small flat bean dichroic glass bead. Loop the top of the wire flush to the bean bead. Trim excess wire.
- Cut a 42-link length of chain, Attach it to a medium toggle clasp using chain and round nose pliers to open and close the end links of the chain.
- Add the charms and medium toggle circles to the chain in the following order:
• On the third link from the clasp a teal bean dangle
• 3 links down add a toggle circle (you will need to open the chain link with your pliers to attach the circles)
• 3 links down attach a watermelon dangle.
- Repeat this pattern until you reach the forth and final teal dangle and are 3 links from the other end of your clasp.
- Make sure all the dangled loops are secure. Remember, bracelets take a lot of wear and tear!
- Begin by constructing the two beaded chains. Make 3 beaded head pins with the following combination of beads: 6/0 light purple seed bead, amber rainbow medium disc dichroic glass bead, and watermelon rainbow small flat bean dichroic glass bead. Create a loop flush to the top of each bead using round nose pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Create three beaded head pins with this combination of beads: 6/0 light green seed bead, peridot rainbow small disc dichroic glass bead, and blue-green rainbow cube dichroic glass bead. Create a loop flush to the top using round nose pliers. Trim excess wire.
- Thread two eye pins each with one teal rainbow medium bean dichroic glass bead and one watermelon rainbow medium bean dichroic glass bead. Create a loop flush to the top of the bead; trim excess wire.
- Cut a 19-link length of chain using flush cutters. Attach the beaded head and eye pins and the toggle circles in the following manner:
• 2 links from the top of the chain amber/watermelon dangle
• 3 links down medium circle toggle (the chain link will need to be opened to attach the toggles)
• 3 links down beaded dangle
- Repeat this pattern, adding a dangle/toggle on every third link until all 3 beaded head pins and 3 toggles have been threaded. Attach the beaded eye pin with the watermelon bean to the bottom link of the chain. Add one small circle toggle onto the bottom of this. (Use both of your pliers to open the beaded dangles and the chain links.)
- Create your second beaded chain embellishment in the same way as the first. Cut a 24-link length of curb chain. Attach the blue-green cube dangles and toggle circles in the following manner:
• 4 links from top attach a toggle circle
• 3 links down a beaded dangle
• 3 links down a toggle
- Repeat the pattern, for every 3 links until reaching the 3rd link from the end (3 cube dangles and 4 toggles). Attach the beaded eye pin with the teal medium bean bead to the bottom link of the chain. Add one small toggle circle onto the bottom of this.
- Attach your beaded chain lengths on to the bar side of your toggle clasp using pliers to open and close the top link of each chain.
- Cut two 16 in. lengths of curb chain and attach to the toggle clasp. Use pliers to open and close the end links of each chain.
Variations on a Theme: The wide variety and wonderful selection of chain and metal components available from Beadalon make it fun to play with these 1970s inspired motifs. Dichroic glass and Toho beads are the perfect partners to metal - their highly light refractive nature really shines. Using metal findings as design elements can produce some surprising new effects. Play, explore and experiment. Happy Beading!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Vintage Lace Brooches
- Super Easy Memory Wire Bracelet
- Denim Oriental Bracelet
- Crystal Ladder Bracelet
- "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed
- Pink Passion Flower Earrings
- "25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Ideas" eBook
- Recycled Newspaper Beads
- Cluster Bracelet
- Angel Charm
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paper Piece Diamond Quilt Pattern
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook