Cell Phone Charm My Little China Girl
By: By Margot Potter for Beadalon
This is the perfect cell phone charm to make for yourself or as a gift. This project is easy to make and the finished project is glowing with Swarovski Crystal.
- Two 6mm Jonquil Swarovski Rounds
- One 6mm Olivine Swarovski Round
- One 6mm Siam Swarovski Round
- Two 6mm Hyacinth Swarovski Crystal Bicones
- Twenty-four SS6 Crystal Foiled Hot Fix Swarovski
- Crystal Flat Back Stones
- Three 8mm Jump Rings
- One Chinese Child Image from Hot off the Press “Arsty Collage Posters, Stamps and Labels”
- Two Clear Plastic 1” Circle Scrapbooking Stickers
- Three SP Curved Tubes
- Four SP Star Head Pins
- Two SP Head Pins Tools
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
- Hot Fix Applicator Wand
- Battery Operated Bead Reamer
- Scissors or Exacto Style Knife with Cutting Mat
- Place sticker on image and use scissors or an Exacto style knife with a cutting mat to cut around edges.
- Place second sticker under image. Press down on stickers to remove most of the air bubbles
- Eye and place a mark on the top center of the image and at the bottom center of the image for a drill holes.
- Use a battery powered bead reamer to carefully ream openings to fit the jump rings. Take time to drill from top and bottom and to clean up the holes.
- Use hot fix applicator wand to place crystals around the edge of image, take your time to ensure not to melt the plastic sticker, you can also opt to use plain flat back crystals, 2 part epoxy and tweezers for placement.
- Create the head pin dangles by making three star head pins one siam, one olivine and one hyacinth crystals and curved tubes on each. It is easier to thread the tube if you cut the star headpin a little shorter. Turn a loop at the top of each pin, cutting off any excess wire.
- Create coiled head pins for the two jonquil beads and one coiled star head pin with a hyacinth bead.
- Construct the design as follows: Lobster clasp attaches to cell phone lanyard jump ring, jump rings at top and bottom of pendant. Connect top of pendant to second jump ring with one hyacinth wrap looped star dangle, attach this to the lobster clasp.
- Slide jonquil coil topped head pin, three curved tube star head pins and the second jonquil coil topped head pin on the bottom jump ring attached to clasp.
- Check back through jump rings to ensure that they are properly closed.