Blue and Turquoise Spiral Rope
By: By Carole Rodgers for Beadalon
People will be wondering where you bought this professional looking jewelry set. Amaze your friends with this design that uses an assortment of beads. You can use turquoise and dark beads or choose your favorite colors!
- 4mm clear AB cube beads-approximately 225
- 6° dark blue AB seed beads-approximately 675
- 6° turquoise AB seed beads-approximately 450
- Beadalon® DandyLine white .011" diameter thread
- Beadalon® silver lobster claw clasps-2
- Beadalon® silver clasp tags-2
- Beadalon® silver 5mm jump rings-4
- Beadalon® silver clamshell bead tips-4
- Beadalon® 2mm silver crimp beads-4
- Size 10 beading needle
- Beadstrom™ Chain Nose pliers
- Designer Scissors
- Single thread your needle with as much Dandyline™ as you can.
- Pick up 4 blue beads, 1 turquoise, 1 clear and 1 turquoise.
- Pass thread back through the four blue beads. The blue beads will form the core of your piece around which the other beads will spiral. Push the turquoise and clear beads to the left.
- Pick up 1 blue, 1 turquoise, 1 clear and 1 turquoise. Skipping the first blue bead of the core beads, pass your needle back through the blue beads including the blue bead you just picked up. The red lines are the first pass of the thread and the black line this pass. Push the turquoise and clear beads to the left.
- Pick up 1 blue, 1 turquoise, 1 clear and 1 turquoise. Red lines are the first pass and green lines are the second 6. Pass your needle back through the blue core beads but this time skip the bottom 2 blue beads.
- Each time you add 1 blue bead at the top and skip 1 blue bead at the bottom so that you are constantly passing your thread through 4 core beads.
- Continue making the rope until you have a length about ¾"-1" less than you need to go around your wrist.
- Thread on one clamshell bead tip from bottom in.
- Pick up 1 crimp bead. Pass thread back through clamshell and into weaving.
- Follow the bead path and bring thread back through clamshell and crimp bead. Do this several times.
- Work needle through crimp bead and tie a few half hitches and pierce thread a time or two to secure. Glue knot. Trim thread. Close clamshell.
- Repeat for other end.
- Attach jump rings to clasp ends.
- Bend bars of clamshells around jump rings to attach clasp to bracelet.
- Repeat Steps 1-6.
- Make it as long as you like. Numbers of beads given should allow you to do an 18" necklace.
- Repeat Steps 8-14.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!