Beadalon and Suede Necklace
By: By Katie Hacker for Beadalon
Use craft wire and a turquoise pendant from Katie Hacker to create this unique and stylish suede necklace.
- 12 ½” length of Beadalon Suede Lace, brown color
- 4” length of .015” diameter Beadalon 19 Strand wire
- 12” length of 28-gauge silver ColourCraft™ wire
- 4 - Silver Suede Cord Ends
- 2 – Silver 2mm Crimp Tubes
- 2 - Silver 4mm Jump Rings
- 1 - Silver small Toggle Clasp
- 1 - Pendant
- Four 5mm Bali tube
- Four 6mm round turquoise
- Four 7mm mother of pearl chips
- Two 12mm labradorite nuggets
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Crimp Tool
- Jump Ring Tool
- Wire Nipper Tool
- Lay the end of one suede lace inside a suede cord end. Use chain nose pliers to press each side of the cord end closed to secure the suede. Attach a cord end to each suede lace end.
- String a crimp bead and a suede cord end onto one end of the Beadalon 19 strand wire. Place the end of the wire back inside the crimp bead to form a loop. Crimp it. Follow the pattern to string beads and a pendant onto the wire or create your own pattern. Attach the end to one end of the other piece of suede.
- Cut six equal lengths of ColourCraft wire. Wrap each piece around the suede lace as shown. Use chain nose pliers to press the wire ends in so they do not snag skin or clothing.
- Attach a jump ring and half of the toggle clasp to each end of the necklace.