Create this fun birthday invitations for your next party. The colors are vibrant, the stamping is easy to do and the beadlets make the card spring to life.
- "Let's Party" stamp set by Stampin' Up, or something similar
- Spectrum stamping pad (Stampin' Up)
- Two 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheets
- Kreinik #12 Braid 029, 1223, 015
- Kreinik 1/16" Ribbon 024
- Small flat-backed cabochons or buttons
- White cardstock, 4.25" x 5.5"
- Orange cardstock, 8.5" x 5.5, folded in half to make a vertical card
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Shallow pan or tray
- Using the Spectrum stamp pad, stamp "Let's Party", cakes, presents, and the party hats on the white cardstock.
- Peel back the white liner and lay the 4" x 6" Treasure Tape sheet on the white cardstock you just decorated.
- Cut the white taped cardstock with your scissors in a slightly curved pattern, to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than your card front.
- Peel off the red liner and begin decorating your rubber-stamped areas by laying the flat-backed cabochons on the hats, cake and present images.
- Using the various colors of Braid, lay the thread on the images as if to replicate bows, pom-poms etc. Use our photo as a guide.
- Lay the 1/16" Ribbon all around the edge of the white cardstock.
- When thread decorating is complete, lay your card in the shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with the Diamond Beadlets.
- Using strips from your other Treasure Tape sheet, attach the decorated white cardstock to the center front of your orange card.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.