16 Free Sewing Patterns for the Home
By: Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Give your home a new look with these 16 Free Sewing Patterns for the Home. With easy sewing patterns for the living room, bedroom, kitchen, and dining room, you'll be able to update your decor the quick and easy way.
Liven up your living room with our collection of free sewing patterns for the living room. These simple patterns are great for home dwellers and apartment dwellers. From cozy poufs to elegant room dividers, these easy sewing patterns will help you create a look you love.
Once you’ve redone your living room, move on to the kitchen and dining room with our collection of cool sewing patterns. Using basic sewing techniques, you can make festive table runners, easy to clean placemats, and even fabric coasters. These are great beginner sewing projects and you’ll love how they can transform your kitchen.
If you love to sew, then you'll enjoy our popular free eBook, 21 Easy Sewing Projects: DIY Designs and Sewing Craft Ideas. You'll find everything from sewing patterns for the home to wearable easy sewing projects. If you have access to a sewing machine and want to learn more, this is a great way to get started).
Finally, get ready to revamp your bedroom with these cute sewing patterns. Cute pillows and bedside organizers are great for kids and adults, and you’ll love how easy these projects are to make. Create home décor that’s “sew you” with these 16 Free Sewing Patterns for the Home.
Free Sewing Patterns for the Home
Table of Contents
Give your living room a new look with these easy sewing patterns. From comfy blankets to reversible window valences, these free sewing patterns for the living room are an easy way to update your home decor, no matter what the season.
- Cozy Toes Fireside Blanket: Curl up with a cup of coffee and your favorite book and get cozy by the fireside with this Cozy Toes Fireside Blanket. Great for anyone, this blanket comes with a little pocket to keep your toes nice and warm! This cozy blanket makes a great gift for the holidays and is a wonderful way to spend a cold evening indoors.
- Recycled Rug Poufs: Great for apartment dwellers or those with a smaller living space, these Reyclced Rug Poufs make great replacements for couches and chairs. These cool sewing patterns are also great for game rooms and kids rooms, and you can make them by recycling blankets and rugs that you no longer use.
- Screen Fabric Panels: Seperate two larger rooms or block off a corner with this Screen Fabric Panel. These panels are easy sewing projects for beginners, and are a great way to give your living space more definition. Mix and match your favorite fabrics to create a fabric panel that accentuates and highlights your living room.
- Simply Reversible Window Valence: This easy tutorial is a great way to give your living room a new look. With these Reversible Window Valences, you can easily dress up windows in your living room, bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom. Use two different types of fabric so you can easily reverse the valence to suit the season.
- NEW! French Chateau Throw Pillows: Transform your space for less with these handmade Chateau Throw Pillows. You can turn the most urban room into a wilderness escape with country craft ideas, and this project really fits the bill. Unlike other easy sewing projects, you don't need expensive or hard-to-find supplies. Instead, use an old muslin drop cloth and decorate it with paint.
- NEW! Necktie Pillow: Use old neck ties or thrift store finds to sew up this colorful pillow for home decorating. You will need 20 clean neckties for this project. Cool sewing patterns don't always require store-bought fabric; when in doubt, use what you have!
Still not satisfied? These 21 Free Sewing Patterns + 7 New Projects are sure to get your creative juices flowing. Discover brand new DIY projects and creative ideas to keep you busy. Make your own pincushions, bags and more — all you need is this delightful collection.
Upgrade your kitchen with these basic sewing patterns! Free to download and print, these cool sewing patterns can easily transform your kitchen from drab to fab. Create colorful table runners, sew fabric coasters, and make easy to clean placemats with these cute sewing patterns for the kitchen and dining room.
- Easy Pot Holder Towel: Easy sewing projects like this are great for the kitchen. Keep this Easy Pot Holder Towel right by the oven so it's there whenever you need it. This tutorial is great for beginners, and makes a wonderful gift for a friend or family member who loves to bake.
- Easy to Clean Placemat: Great for families with messy kids, these easy to clean placemats make meal time a breeze. These placemats are easy sewing patterns for beginners, and can stand up to anything grubby fingers can touch! Create these cute placemats in a variety of colors and patterns so you have them for every season and holiday.
- Reversible Table Runner: Use up fabric scraps with easy sewing projects like this table runner. You can use this table runner on your dining room table, or give your buffet some color and style by laying your runner across the top. This is a quick and easy pattern that any sewist can do, and it makes a great hostess gift for the holidays.
- Scrap Fabric Coaster Set: This Scrap Fabric Coaster Set is a great way to use up any leftover fabric scraps that you may have lying around. These fabric coasters make great gifts and, since they're fabric, can be easily washed. This is a great gift for a new neighbor!
- Embellished Tea Towel: Tie colors together in your kitchen with a stripe of fabric sewn onto plain tea towels. This is an easy sewing project for gift-giving, such as for Mother's Day. Use holiday fabric for holiday tea towels.
Add some color and style to your bedroom decor with these cute sewing patterns. Fun pillows and clever bedside pockets are just some of the projects that you’ll find in this section. These free sewing patterns will make bedroom decorating easy and fun.
- Easy T-Shirt Pillows: Did you save all your favorite tee shirts from school? If you can't bear to part with them but you never wear them anymore, use this easy sewing tutorial to learn how to turn those tee shirts into cute throw pillows. This is a great project for a kids room or man cave.
- Baby's Sleeping Door Hanger: Here's a quick baby craft you can sew in an afternoon. This cute handmade door sign warns everyone that baby is sleeping. This easy sewing pattern makes a great gift for a baby shower.
- Bed Pockets: Keep books and journals organized and by your bedside with these cute bedside pockets. Cool sewing patterns like this are also great for dorm living, since they give you great storage without taking up space. Perfect for men and women alike, these bedside organizers are easy and fun to make.
- Cascading Ruffles Pillow: Add a touch of Victorian elegance to your bedroom with these ruffled throw pillows. These easy to make sewn pillows would also be great in the living room and can instantly add a touch of class and style to any decor theme.
- NEW! Framed Monogram: Learn how to create a beautiful, framed monogram with felt and fabric. A bird embellishment tops of a simple sewn creation for truly creative decor. Make one of these easy beginner sewing projects for every member of the family!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts