Exotic Koi Pillow
By: Natalie Malan for Provo Craft
Learn how to make throw pillows with a stencil for an exotic and awe-inspiring pop of color in your living room. These exotic koi pillows are great Cricut home decor ideas that are so simple to make.
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter with Plantin SchoolBook and Accent Essentials® cartridges 
- Cricut® Pagoda cartridge 
- Sewing machine and thread
- Iron and ironing board
- Heat n' Bond Ultra
- Polyfill or pillow form
- Fabric: various
- Painter's tape
- Cut four 12" x 12" blocks of coordinating fabric. Iron sheets of Heat n' Bond Ultra to back of fabric according to manufacturer's instructions. Peel off backing.
- lace face down on new cutting mat and use painter's tape on edges. Burnish fabric with fingers to make sure there is solid adhesion of fabric to mat.
- Change Cricut Expression settings so pressure is at 6, speed is at 6, and blade depth is at 6. Position blade so it is not over painter's tape.
- Cut koi. Using Pagoda cartridge and fabric, cut one 9" <Fish4>. Using different fabric, cut one 9" <Fish5>. Using different fabric, press Shift and cut one 9" <Fish4-s>. Using different fabric, press Shift and cut one 9" <Fish5>.
- Iron <Fish4> and <Fish5> cuts to their own piece of decorative fabric.
- Iron <Fish4-s> and <Fish5-s> on top of corresponding cuts, ensuring edges are matched.
- Cut backing for pillows from coordinating fabric. Pin pillows together with right sides in. Sew three edges of both pillows.
- Turn pillows right side out. Fill with polyfill or pillow form. Sew closed.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!