How many mismatched frames do we all have lying around? Use one you already have to create a reflective message board, perfect for a holiday menu, or for sharing thoughts of the season, from Krylon.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Smoke Gray (#51608)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Caramel Latte (#51250)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Champagne Nouveau (#51253)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Satin Black (#51613)
- Krylon Brushed Metallic - Sesame Shimmer (#51251)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Gold Foil (#1050)
- Krylon Glitter Spray - Glistening Gold (#401)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Silver Foil (#1060)
- Krylon Looking Glass®- Mirror Like Paint - Mirror Finish (#9033)
- Any frame with glass insert
- Various plastic and faux foliage, berries, evergreens, etc.
- Scissors (or ruler and craft knife)
- Paper large enough to fit inside frame
- Dry Erase marker (optional)
- Remove glass from frame. Trace around edges of glass onto a piece of paper. Trim paper to size. Spray paper with Krylon Premium Metallic Silver Foil and set aside.
- Spray underside of glass with 5 thin layers of Krylon Looking Glass® Mirror Like Paint letting dry between layers. Set aside.
- Mist foliage and frame with the remaining colors, layering them on top of one another in order as listed and in a freehand style, adding highlights to edges of leaves, and shadows to centers. Starting with Smoke Gray, then Caramel Latte, Champagne Nouveau, Satin Black, and Gold Foil, use light, uneven layers, allowing bottom colors to show through to add tonal depth and variety. Use your artistic eye and express yourself.
- Top off foliage and frame with a saturated layer of Gold Glitter Spray.
- Once dry, glue pieces of foliage onto corners of frame. Insert mirror-like glass and place silver foil paper inside frame to add depth and vintage feel to mirror.
- At your discretion, use mirror for a holiday menu board and add letter stickers for the title “Holiday Menu”. Use a dry erase marker to write this year’s menu on the glass. Or instead, use letter stickers or dry erase marker to write a holiday message like “Reflect on the year.”
- Garnish around frame with remaining foliage.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.