Create cards that would make Hallmark green with envy. This rubber stamp craft idea from Jacquard Products is perfect for scrapbooking, card making and a host of more great applications.
- color card stocks
- metallic card stocks
- stamps & stamp pads
- webbing sprays
- Pearl Ex powders
- embossing powders
- paper cups
- white glue
- embossing heat tool or clear acrylic medium or gum arabic
- clear spray sealant
- assorted color markers
- flat art brush
- Stamp bubbles in gold over front of card.
- Stamp and emboss (see below) main design.
- Use Pearl Ex Interference Water Color Method (see below) to paint main design.
- Create backgrounds:
- Metallic: brush leftover gold and russet Pearl Ex watercolor on gold card stock.
- Wavy Blue: mix acrylic medium with Pearl Ex powder into a paste. Spread on light shiny card stock and comb.
- Pearlized: mix Pearl Ex powder with acrylic medium and paint on with brush.
- Spray webbing on card stock. Cut into wavy strips.
- Cut and assemble with white glue.
- Interference Pearl Ex Watercolor Method: Stamp an outline on cardstock, using pigmented embossing ink. Emboss any metallic color or black. Color in image with permanent markers. Add some Pearl Ex to matte or gloss acrylic medium. Add a drop of water. Gum arabic mixed with Pearl Ex will also work. The Interference colors are very surprising... experiment with them! Use the Pearl Ex paint mixture to brush over the markers. Stir the mixture frequently.
- Embossing with Pearl Ex Powder: Spread clear embossing fluid on stamp pad, and stamp your design. Mix 1/4 to 1/2 Pearl Ex with clear embossing powder, (more absorbent paper requires more embossing powder). Sprinkle onto design, and raise with heat tool. Let stand a minute or two, brush off excess. If you do not have a heat tool, you can hold design parallel to an iron or hot plate (carefully!!)