Sunshine Card Tutorial
By: Samantha Star
Take your cardmaking skills to the next level with Sunshine Card Tutorial from Samantha Star! It's a great way to show you care!
- 1 piece of white cardstock
- Stamps of your choice
- Dye ink of your choice
- Krylon paint pen
- Liquid glue
- Clear embossing ink
- Embossing powder
- Glimmer mist in the colors of your choice and cardstock in a coordinating color
- Cut your white cardstock to 8.5″ x 5.5″ and 4.25″ x 5.5″ put aside.
- On a scrap of white spray with a lighter color of mist. Allow to dry (you can use a heat gun to speed it up).
- With dye ink, and the stamp of your choice, stamp your image over the misted area.
- Stamp a sentiment in clear embossing ink, over your image. Sprinkle embossing powder, shake of excess and heat emboss.
- Stamp another image onto colored cardstock, and cut out.
- Cut out all your shapes.
- On your piece of cardstock that is 4.25″ x 5.5″ stamp the same image twice. Once in the top left corner, once in the bottom right corner. Color the images in with your Krylon paint pen.
- Spray your piece of cardstock with Mist in darker color. Allow to dry.
- Apply liquid glue to the image and sprinkle on glitter. Shake off excess.
- Ink around the edges of your piece. Take your cardstock that is 8.5 x 5.5 and fold. This will be your card base. Glue your stamped panel onto the card. The reason I do the stamping on a separate panel is because the mist tends to cause the cardstock to curl, and by using a separate base you can bed the piece back into shape when gluing it onto the base.