Don’t limit yourself to just seaside stickers, use any motif you’d like! The technique of this card is using chalks to create a background so your imagination can take you in many directions.
- Paper Accents Card and Envelope
- Paper Accents Cream Cardstock
- Craf-T Decorative Chalk Kit
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic Spray Satin
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Stick Extra Strength
- Fiskars Personal Trimmer
- Dimensional Stickers
- Using cream cardstock that is slightly bigger than the finished size of the background (in this sample the 2 1/2 x 5) start to create your background. For this card I wanted a watery look with the sun peaking in. Starting in the top right hand corner, I rubbed yellow chalk from the corner and fanned out 1 1/2", next filled in lightly around the yellow with the dark blue chalk with just a touch of overlap. The dark blue chalk comes down just past the half way mark of the piece of cardstock.
- Think about how watercolor looks. It’s rarely solid color, but allows for some white or uncolored spots. Do the same as you are chalking. Light strokes of color that are layered.
- The final chalk is the light blue for the water. Notice that some areas have darker streaks of color; this was done by layering more chalk until hue was achieved.
- Trim your background. The sample shows a design that is placed off center and to the right. The background is about 2/3 width of the card for balance. You need to spray a fixative onto the background to bond the chalk to the paper. In a pinch, hairspray can be used. A light spray, followed by a second light spray is best.
- Adhere background to card. Adhere dimensional stickers to card front. Note that the main dimensional sticker is placed on the background and smaller dimensional stickers are placed as a border on the left.