This pretty Spring Pink and Teal Card is great for all your springtime occasions, from Mother's Day to birthdays. You can create this easy embroidered card in any colors you'd like, although pink and teal really look great together!
- Piercing tools extra fine and coarse
- Piercing pad
- Glue stick
- Thread: sewing machine embroidery thread, normal or metallic
- Make a photocopy of the pattern. Attach it to the card using two small pieces of cello tape. Place the card on the piercing pad. Pierce the pattern through the card using the extra fine piercing tool; pierce with only the point of the pen; in that way the hole does not get too big. For the larger holes, use piercing tool coarse. Remove the pattern from the card.
- For the embroidery, insert the needle from the back, leave about 3 cm of thread hanging and attach to the card with a very small piece of cello tape outside the pattern. The needle must always be thinner than the piercing tool.
- Insert the needle from behind at 1 and go back to 2. Go along the back to 3. Insert and go back down at 4, and so on, until the figure is finished.
- Using a glue stick, attach the card onto another card. Use further decorations at your choice, such as 3D scrapbook paper, ribbon, paper flowers, etc.