Use these card-making ideas from Beacon Adhesives to make your very own seashell card, a summery, beach-themed card with a seashell on it. This card is perfect to send from a beach vacation, or for someone whose birthday is in the summertime.
- Cardstock—red, white and medium blue
- Rectangular metal charm—1 3/8” X 1 17/8”
- Craft thread—bright blue
- Eight round silver eyelets, 1/8”
- Zip dry paper glue
- Rotary tool & scoring blade
- Red & white acrylic paint
- Small bristle paintbrush
- Cut a 7” X 10” rectangle from BLUE cardstock. Score a line down center of rectangle and fold to make a 5” X 7” card.
- Cut the following rectangles from the RED cardstock: 2 ½” X 3 ¼” & 3 ½” X 4 X ¾” & another 4 ½” X 6 ¼”.
- Cut the following rectangles from the WHITE cardstock: 2” X 2 ½” & 3” X 4” & another 4” X 5 ½”.
- Use the ZIP DRY to glue the red white rectangles symmetrically on top of each other in the center of the card as in the photo.
- Punch 1/8” holes in the corners of the largest red rectangle and smallest white rectangle and attach eyelets.
- Dry brush white paint on the front of the charm to accentuate details. Dry brush red paint on the outside edges of the charm. Glue charm to the center of rectangles with ZIP DRY.
- Insert craft thread in and out through eyelets as seen in the photo with ends coming out of the bottom of the smallest white rectangle. Tie craft thread into a bow under the metal charm.