Butterfly Tyvek Card
By: Balzer Designs for Sakura of America
Create a three-dimensional butterfly card from Sakura of America to say Thanks or to send spring greetings. Decorating the butterfly wings with permanent pens is a fun start to this card craft project.
- Sakura Permapaque Pens
- Craft Wire (20 gauge, 7
- inches long)
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Nose Pliers
- Black Cardstock (2.5x2.5”)
- Blank White Card
- Sakura Pigma Micron (05)
- Sakura Soufflé Pen in White
- White Vinyl Alphabet Stickers
- Heat Gun
- Teflon Craft Sheet
- (optional) Clear Nail Polish
- Cut out several squares of Tyvek (approximately 2.5x2.5”) and using the Sakura Permapaque pens, decorate the Tyvek.
- Cut out several rectangles of Tyvek (approximately 1.25x2.5”) and using the Sakura Permapaque pens, decorate the Tyvek.
- Working on a Teflon craft sheet, heat the Tyvek in short bursts with a heat gun. You want to curl the edges until it resembles a butterfly wing. SAFETY NOTE: Tyvek releases toxic chemicals when heated. Please be sure to wear a mask and work in a wellventilated area.
- Cover wings with clear nail polish if you want them to be shiny.
- Make the butterfly body: (a) Fold wire almost in half, with one side slightly longer than the other. (b) Curl the short end of the wire with the round nose pliers. (c) At the half way point of the folded section, wrap the long end around the short end 3 times. (d) Curl the long end of the wire to finish your antennae.
- Adhere letter stickers, butterfly wings and body to black cardstock square.
- Adhere the black square to the white card blank.
- Using the black and white pens, draw the dashed flight lines for the butterfly.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!