The sight of the first butterflies of spring is always a happy event! These quick and easy cards by Maria Nerius are perfect for sending your friends a joyful spring note.
- Pink and green 4” x 9 1/4" single sheet cards with envelopes
- Various butterfly stickers (K&Company stickers used)
- Distressed pink ink
- Silver pigment ink
- Artist Sponge
- Fine tip black permanent ink pen
- Butterflies of Spring 1: Place one large butterfly to the top of the green card. Place up to 4 smaller butterfly stickers to the bottom 1/3 of green card. Lightly sponge silver pigment ink onto the entire card front. The silver is used to pick up the bold silver in the stickers. If you have a different dominant color in your stickers, then use a coordinating or complimentary ink color. Doodle along the edges of the card with your permanent ink pen. This helps pop the unique shape of the card.
- Butterflies of Spring 2: Place large butterfly sticker to top left of pink card. Starting at the bottom left, place stickers to make a border along bottom and right side of card. Not that some of the stickers went over the edge of the card and were then trimmed. Having objects go off the page is a design trick to make the overall presentation more upscale looking. Trim any sticker that goes over the edge. Lightly pounce/sponge the distressed ink over entire card front.
- Embellish envelopes with any left over stickers and sponge inks slightly over the front of the envelope.