Celebrate the birth of a baby with this sweet and fun card. It uses purchased die cuts along with Kreinik Iron-on thread — a simple way to dress up a card without messy glue.
- Blossom Pink textured cardstock by Bazzill Basics
- Dark pink cardstock
- Emotion paper, Michelle Anderson, Provo Craft
- Pink stripe paper
- Meri Meri Accents- Ducks
- Kreinik Metallic Iron-on Threads in #16 Braid 6210 Petals, 1/8 Ribbon 6100 Carnation
- Kreinik Teflon Presscloth
- Treasure Tape or glue stick
- First turn on your iron to its highest setting and allow it to heat up. Cut a 4" x 6" piece of textured pink cardstock for your card base. Cut a piece of striped pink paper slightly smaller than your base. Cut a strip of dark pink cardstock and Emotion paper the same width and 1" high. Cut a wavy edge on the dark pink cardstock.
- Begin assembling your card. Center your striped paper. Place the two strips at the bottom of the striped paper, one over the other. Using your iron and Carnation ribbon, create an outline around the design and between the two strips of paper. Lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth, and press for several seconds until your thread adheres. With your Petals iron-on braid, create a design across the top of your striped paper.
- Add your ducks to the card using Treasure Tape or your glue stick.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.