Here is a sweet card to make for a baby gift. The iron-on threads give an embroidered look and add color and shine to the design.
- Blank White card
- Blue-grey Astroparche cover stock from Wausau
- Blue cardstock
- Kopp Design Stick-Its cardstock stickers, Best Buds Accent
- Meri Meri Accents- Teddy Bear
- Fiskars paper edgers, Wide Scallop
- Light blue marker
- Kreinik Metallic Iron-on Threads in #8 Braid 6400 Blue Bell, 1/8" Ribbon 6400 Blue Bell
- Teflon Presscloth
- First turn on your iron to its highest setting and allow it to heat up. Cut your Blue-grey parchment to the size of your card. Cut a smaller piece of blue cardstock and use your paper edgers to scallop two sides of it.
- Begin assembling your card. Center your parchment on your cards cover. Use your iron and Blue Bell ribbon to outline the parchment: lay the thread at a starting place, cover with the Teflon Press Cloth, then press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue working your design this way.
- Place your blue cardstock in the bottom right corner of your card. Place your Stick-It sticker in the corner and iron a border around it as well. Use the Bluebell braid to create a design on the rest of the blue cardstock.
- Next, embellish your bear. Use a light blue marker to color in the pads on his paws and feet. Then use your iron-on braid to outline the stitching. When finished, place your bear in the top left corner of your card.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.