Don't be fooled by this cute dog--he's really a mummy dog wearing a zombie mask! Make one of these homemade Halloween crafts from Maria Nerius with your kids and use it as a fun toy or a festive decoration.
- Forster Doll Clothespin (peg style)
- Toothpick or trimmed skewer to 2 1/2"
- 6 Forster c
- Forster craft sticks (popsicle sticks) trimmed to 1 1/2"
- 3/4” Round wood bead
- 2 Black craft gems or other small embellishment for eyes
- Scrap of single color paper; green was used in sample
- Permanent black marker
- White paint
- Cheese Cloth
- Orange ribbon 1/16”
- Paint brush
- Ad-Tech hot glue gun and glue
- Assemble the dog. At the round end of the clothespin (not the legs or open end), glue the round wood bead for the dog’s head, but adhere the bead at the joint where the round end meets the peg; this gives your dog his muzzle or snout. Glue 2 of the trimmed craft sticks to the head creating ears for the dog. The remaining 4 trimmed craft sticks are the dog’s legs so adhere 2 to each side of the body. And finally glue the trimmed skew or toothpick to the end of the open area of the clothespin end (opposite the head!). You have a dog!
- Paint dog white and allow to dry. Cut cheese cloth into 1/2” wide strips, and begin to wrap the cheese cloth strips around the dog. There is no wrong or right way, just wrap until the entire dog is covered with the cheese cloth.
- Using your thumb, trace an arch onto scrap paper, cut and trim so you have a mask that has a rounded end and a straight edge at top. Using permanent black marker draw X eyes and a curvy smile. Adhere ribbon to wrong side of mask with at least 5” of ribbon to each side. Place mask onto dog’s face and tie off with a bow. Your Mummy Dog with Zombie Mask is ready to party!